What did you do to your car today?

Fair play too ya Tad no better man....Thanks again for Tuesday and Ur help throughout ????

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

got my dash pod when in the UK this week .
dropped into scoobyworld as it's only 30 minutes away from where I was staying .
lads were sound and remembered alot of what I had gotten from them .

so got up early this morning and widened out the pod from 52 mm to 60mm . plastic is weakened along where the 60 mm needs to be fitted so alot of cutting and sanding later I have my gauges in the pod .
now all I need is to get the car back from its paint tidy up and I might get the wires ran into the engine bay and then see about connecting stuff up

Both are great cars. But I can't imagine driving RS every day.
Great on backroads and from factory have 40 more ponies than R, but too stiff for every day driving.
So far R seems to be great option as plenty of power and more civilized than RS.
But decision has not need made yet. Still 2 options to consider.

I've not driven the golf r but sat inside and it's a nicer place to sit alright. No doubt it's a good drive too but RS has way more smiles per mile has a better awd system (no UNDERsteer) and more kerb appeal/heritage.

RS is fine as a daily, you just shouldn't have driven the golf r to compare ��

Oh yeah for an extra 1k you can get 375 bhp and ford are now doing a 7 year warranty

Compared to latest sti, RS is probably nearest comparable

Last edited:
I've not driven the golf r but sat inside and it's a nicer place to sit alright. No doubt it's a good drive too but RS has way more smiles per mile has a better awd system (no oversteer) and more kerb appeal/heritage.

RS is fine as a daily, you just shouldn't have driven the golf r to compare ��

Oh yeah for an extra 1k you can get 375 bhp and ford are now doing a 7 year warranty

Compared to latest sti, RS is probably nearest comparable

I have to agree, I'm not a Ford man but will give the RS serious consideration for a daily car in the future.

What's an golf r32 worth today compared to a same year rs......I know the rs is a better car but just shows the resale value.
R32 was the most disappointing car I ever drove but that's a different story.

friend of mine bough a new r32 in 2007 . looked well , lovely sound but **** me was it slow .

golf r is beautiful car but I'd buy a vrs 245bhp 4x4 tsi and save myself 10k as the golf is just not special enough looking . it's got to be the focus rs in my opinion . Looks the part , more power and the prestige or the rs badge .

Last edited:
Rs all the way the only thing the golf r has over it is the interior and cabin looks and feels way better made than the rs. Seats in the rs are savage aswell

Rs all the way the only thing the golf r has over it is the interior and cabin looks and feels way better made than the rs. Seats in the rs are savage aswell

golf Deffo has the engine note over the rs as well Joe.

sound of the rs is gay imo . golf r sounds way nicer. heard the 2 in person in last few days .

Looks and power train from the Ford with interior of the golf and it's engine note = perfect car

if subaru never existed :icon_grin:

Opened can of worms with this.
Unfortunately I didn't had RS for long enough to get better opinion about it. Rs looks the business and drives very well, but I was not brave enough to push it even close to the limits to see how good it is there.
Maybe if I would have for day or two... or even few more hours.
Rs was manual so some says better control of power delivery etc, but I must say that 7 speed DSG in R is absolutely great.
I know Graham is not on mine side with this, but you can control on what gear you are either manually with flaps on steering wheel or with gear lever.
If you will switch it to sport mode (gearbox and engine settings), it is reducing gears when it needs and always giving you best possible gear selection to give you best performance. It have some freaking sensors in it, that it knows when you are in corner and what shape it have so delivering power to get as fast as possible from it. Although I had traction control on at all times so maybe that was it? Dunno
I hope to get RS for day or two, it might be worth of reconsidering?
As many people, that many opinions, so please don't jump on me for it, but at present R is my favorite.
Two more cars to be looked at, son this might change.

Back