What did you do to your car today?

Finally filled the hole in my dash...

ee1e33b81f6c7e3ccb49df32a8c82355.jpg

It's not quite perfect yet I still have a few things I need to finish but it's in and working, next on the cards is to tidy the wiring and sort out the look and feel of the UI.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

like that
how does it connect up ?
ipad goes to what
love to do this at some stage on a car
get dashcomand up and running for your soft gauges too if b4 can connect via wifi dongle :thumbsup:

like that
how does it connect up ?
ipad goes to what
love to do this at some stage on a car
get dashcomand up and running for your soft gauges too if b4 can connect via wifi dongle [emoji106]
It's pretty simple actually, I had to buy one of these:
http://touch.adverts.ie/cables/ipod...-cable-lead-1m-black/4944121#comment_83355054

One of these:

http://touch.adverts.ie/cables/cable-2-x-rca-male-1-x-3-pin-3-5-mm-stereo-jack-0-2-m/9693839

And one of these:

http://touch.adverts.ie/apple/usams...ablets-buy-2-get-1-free-free-delivery/6031823

These allowed me to connect up the iPad to my head unit which I moved to the cubby/glove box.
The climate control unit I moved to the ashtray area and that leaves plenty of space for the iPad I used some brackets fastened to the existing screw points on the back of the facia to keep the iPad in situ

To make life easy I followed this how to video except the part where I used my HU to handle sound...
https://youtu.be/u-ALYArl5S4

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
lucky too still have it tbh , as jus there at lunch , some **** in his big BMW pulled straight out in front of me .had to swerve badly to other side of road (thankfully nothing oncoming) still dont know how i avoided him . nearly 1 hr later and im still rattled. .

so close , it aint even funny

My partners atitude is 'go ahead crash into me and l will sue the sxxt out of you' and me on the other side is like 'please don't crash in me!'

I'll be getting one from Colm soon the standard of driving and volume of traffic is nuts out there

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'll be getting one from Colm soon the standard of driving and volume of traffic is nuts out there

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Was going thru city center today around 4pm. Mad idea I know ???? Not as mad as amount of idiots and their phones around me in cars. WTF is wrong with these people. [emoji35]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Was going thru city center today around 4pm. Mad idea I know �� Not as mad as amount of idiots and their phones around me in cars. WTF is wrong with these people. [emoji35]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

It's out of control I'm sitting up high looking down into cars all day around the city people who look like they are not on there phones usually have it down low on facebook or texting it's madness something needs to be done .......like 20% off your insurance if you fit a GSM blocker To your car so it won't work or something like that ...

lucky too still have it tbh , as jus there at lunch , some **** in his big BMW pulled straight out in front of me .had to swerve badly to other side of road (thankfully nothing oncoming) still dont know how i avoided him . nearly 1 hr later and im still rattled. .

so close , it aint even funny
Dashcams are now essential for driving
no matter who you buy them from I would suggest All Members get one asap
its a item you hopefully never need
and once fitted can be used for entertainment no end
but really it only comes essential in the event of an accident or road rage incident etc.
so hopefully you never truly need it but it is essential
you can buy cheap ones from 15-20 id say
so even that
just get something recording be my advice

Anyone wanting to organise a group buy I will certainly cater for
but more important you get them in the cars these days no matter where they come from :thumbsup:

Dashcams are now essential for driving
no matter who you buy them from I would suggest All Members get one asap
its a item you hopefully never need
and once fitted can be used for entertainment no end
but really it only comes essential in the event of an accident or road rage incident etc.
so hopefully you never truly need it but it is essential
you can buy cheap ones from 15-20 id say
so even that
just get something recording be my advice

Anyone wanting to organise a group buy I will certainly cater for
but more important you get them in the cars these days no matter where they come from :thumbsup:

What numbers are we needing to get this going Colm
And what options are available ??

Back