What did you do to your car today?

Seriously, no issue, could sign up now. But very little events down my way and if I'm not able to go to club gigs it's hard to justify, but if someone is trying to bully me into it, it sours things a bit does it not? Was intending to sign up hoping to get to stuff during the summer. I joined as full member before. Now looks like im not wanted because I haven't paid up. Im entitled to spend the money I earn how I want. I haven't turned up to club events as a non paying member. Not trying to freeload.

first off nobody is bullying you, that's a very strong word but you cant say in one post it was either the lights or the membership fee and then here say you could join up now, imo its down to you not wanting to be a member because theres no events down your way as you said and that's perfectly fine but I disagree, there has been events planed but nobody would go so they had to be cancelled but its not just about events, paying the club fee means you have a forum to use and helps the club going forward, you were a member before and obviously taught you didn't get your moneys worth and that's fair because not much happens down your way but its the same for the rest of us.

it DOESNT look like your not wanted, that's unfair to say and everybody can spend there money as they please nobody is telling you any differently.

In fairness mate you started off a minute ago sayin you weren't throwing digs and now your on a full On rant? As far as I can see there was no need for your comment in the first place because the chap only was chattin about the lights he had bought and you steam in with a comment about his membership! And even your response about givin a light elbow seems a bit patronising seen as I can't really work out how any club member would have the grounds to give another potential member "a light elbow". And I can definitely see where he's comin from with the bullyin comment when lads are likin the sarcastic comment in the first place and commenting on the fact that there's "shots fired" if that was me there's no way I'd be joining after that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comments regarding your personal finances and bullying you into joining, why would you bother! Absolutely **** all happening outside Dublin with this 'club' , loosing valuable members as a result! Enjoy your own money as you wish! Plenty of other respected clubs out there!

no body is bullying anyone or talking about the finances, were wondering why people wont join the club and its because lads think this club is run in Dublin, most of the committee live outside Dublin and there hasn't been a event is Dublin since last july last year. lads outside of Dublin still have this chip on there shoulder about the capital and its all crap.

im in Dublin and im an hour from mondello, 40 minutes from the place were they have the b&q, 1 hr to the nearest karting event,

its about making the effort to go and I taught you of all people (ex committee) would know this.

yes there is clubs out there but any respected clubs charge a members fee, eg the Porsche club @ 60 euro

There used to be plenty of southern members here a few years back! That lack of support from this club ment interest dropped and eventually good members left! As an ex committe member here I can safely sale that you'll get your money back ten times over if your living in/close to Dublin!

that's totally untrue dave and I ask the committee to reply to this post seen as no one has so far.

theres a lot of members unhappy with what your saying dave from Dublin and outside Dublin.

for the sake of the club here if there is other issues you have with the club, air them!!!!

or is it just you think this is a Dublin club?

In fairness mate you started off a minute ago sayin you weren't throwing digs and now your on a full On rant? As far as I can see there was no need for your comment in the first place because the chap only was chattin about the lights he had bought and you steam in with a comment about his membership! And even your response about givin a light elbow seems a bit patronising seen as I can't really work out how any club member would have the grounds to give another potential member "a light elbow". And I can definitely see where he's comin from with the bullyin comment when lads are likin the sarcastic comment in the first place and commenting on the fact that there's "shots fired" if that was me there's no way I'd be joining after that

im getting back to peoples comments as I have time in work at a pc, im not ranting, im actually very calm right now but that's your opinion paul, question for you, do you think if graham had of not made his comment" shots fired" would it have changed anything.

its the worst thing he could probably have done because now ( including you) think I have an issue with killian not been a member and I don't, seriously. but this club wont go forward unless people pay the fee.

the initial comment I made was 12 hrs after him mentioning his lights, hardly STEAMING in now paul.

stuff put down on a forum are very easy to read in a different text to which the writer was looking to achieve.

for example my comment I made about the membership,

if the "shots fired" and other posts didn't come into play and killian had come back with "ya I was thinking of joining " just like he said in his post there wouldn't be all this crap.

its very easy to get carried away on a forum, I can guarantee if killian, dave r and myself were standing in the car park of a cars and coffee and I said my comment with a smile everyone would have laughed.

you obviously don't understand or know the phrase "a light elbow"

Omg.
This thread just grew legs and will keep going on.
Join, don't join, it really makes very little difference and shouldn't be mentioned at ANY stage to a non full member. Nobodies buisness and I wouldnt take kindly to it myself in that situation.
I decided to pay a few weeks back as I know it'll pay for itself by the end of the year, and everybody here is old enough to make there own minds up without being nudged/ reminded or mentioned.
I'd park it her lads and leave the subject rest.

first off nobody is bullying you, that's a very strong word but you cant say in one post it was either the lights or the membership fee and then here say you could join up now, imo its down to you not wanting to be a member because theres no events down your way as you said and that's perfectly fine but I disagree, there has been events planed but nobody would go so they had to be cancelled but its not just about events, paying the club fee means you have a forum to use and helps the club going forward, you were a member before and obviously taught you didn't get your moneys worth and that's fair because not much happens down your way but its the same for the rest of us.

it DOESNT look like your not wanted, that's unfair to say and everybody can spend there money as they please nobody is telling you any differently.

Look, lets not fight on the internet. Everything gets skewed. You're right, buying the lights wasn't the reason i didnt join up, it was because i felt I didnt get my moneys worth before. Now thats not your fault, I'm not here to rant and rave about that and I haven't done so previously. I'd like to get to all the meets and stuff but isn't possible for me, again, nobodies fault. I'm quite active at events/meets/spins down my way. I'd be more than happy to organise events locally if there was interest aired for such. When was member previously there wasnt a whole pile back when the night meets were on in Little Island etc.
Dave is entitled to his grievances regarding same.

Regardless of how things were meant or not, Paul is right, the shots fired and comment likes make things look bad and I'll be honest, it wound me up more than a bit but look lets draw a line under it all and move on because this is the internet and no matter who is right/wrong or otherwise nobody comes off in a good light.

Popcorn away, someone post something related to this thread and get it back on track.

Sorry lads ye didn't see the funny side to that!

As Tommy tiernan says... "I was only fcukin jokin"!!

Let's move on.

Commitee have put up in past re peoples ideas etc.

But if southern members are not happy to that scale then it must be reviewed.

I have said it last year. And 3 years.

Shite like Karting is only making the same 10 lads that go happy. And think everything is all hunky dory. It clearly is not.

So i will repeat again what i said.

Lets get back to basics as a club. Scoobynights lads had a run up the mountains on Sat. Looked a good meet. Any good memory i have of this club is a proper outing and run.

So without confusing things. Keep a calander to 6-7 items per year. Something in no order in particular. And hard to do when think of amount of events.

Runs covering the full country:

1. Northern run and team up with Northern crew of Subaru owners already run 2 meets a year.

2. Southern run. Ring of Kerry Etc.

3. Agm. Covers Midlands

4. West run. Galway etc.

5. Rolling road. East/North run

6. BBQ . Family orientated. And east/midlands run.

Static:

1 japfest.

2. Terenure

3. Trackday

Away:

Ring or UK

Appreciate again needs a different thread.

But if southern members can respond to this. Lets sort out the issues your having.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

im getting back to peoples comments as I have time in work at a pc, im not ranting, im actually very calm right now but that's your opinion paul, question for you, do you think if graham had of not made his comment" shots fired" would it have changed anything.

its the worst thing he could probably have done because now ( including you) think I have an issue with killian not been a member and I don't, seriously. but this club wont go forward unless people pay the fee.

the initial comment I made was 12 hrs after him mentioning his lights, hardly STEAMING in now paul.

stuff put down on a forum are very easy to read in a different text to which the writer was looking to achieve.

for example my comment I made about the membership,

if the "shots fired" and other posts didn't come into play and killian had come back with "ya I was thinking of joining " just like he said in his post there wouldn't be all this crap.

its very easy to get carried away on a forum, I can guarantee if killian, dave r and myself were standing in the car park of a cars and coffee and I said my comment with a smile everyone would have laughed.

you obviously don't understand or know the phrase "a light elbow"

Personally myself I think it doesn't really matter what was said after your initial comment but it doesn't help the situation either. It was a conversation about new lights which turned into a probe about his membership which there was no need for in my opinion. Your clearly well able to articulate yourself here so you would of been aware of how it could of been perceived, even an emoji on the end of it would of changed the tone of that message completely instead it came across as pure blunt. I agree that the club needs money to go on but comments like that just put lads in a position where they feel there back is up against the wall in my opinion.

That been said my opinion is only based on being a member since June but in that time there's been many incidents of the exact same carry on where I believe lads are well aware of how things could be picked up but they fired away anyway and later hiding under the umbrella of saying it was only a joke and things can be picked up differently on a forum.It's 2017 everyone knows the story with forums and that excuse doesn't wash anymore.

There was a thread here few weeks back about lads not being ok and opening up about there problems which is fair enough but it's a lot of them same lads that are the ones making smart comments to other member which is a bit ironic to me.

Iv met and dealt with a good few lads from the club now who are bang on and more than willing to advice or help but this sort of handbag carry on would make me reconsider joining up again or advising anyone to.

davelegacy™;557871 said:
Runs covering the full country:

1. Northern run and team up with Northern crew of Subaru owners already run 2 meets a year.

2. Southern run. Ring of Kerry Etc.

3. Agm. Covers Midlands

4. West run. Galway etc.

5. Rolling road. East/North run

6. BBQ . Family orientated. And east/midlands run.

Static:

1 japfest.

2. Terenure

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I adore the driving and stop for a quick meal events, especially the BBQ type static events.

I just realised I like meets where food is involved..

Last edited:
Cars, food, we just need models in bikinis feeding us and we're happy.....

I'm still a payed up member til it runs out, wort stop me coming on posting on here
Forum consists on member/full members regardless of which category you fit into

You only get out of a forum from what you put in

Now, who want a hug ????

Haven't gotten around to paying for a membership, eventually I will though... Anyway back to the topic of this thread I ordered a set of Red Hella horns they should arrive next week

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Ordered a Precision 40mm external wastegate and a sytec in tank 400LPH fuel pump from Powermax, highly recommended

Back