What did you do to your car today?

Brake disc noise had being getting more scratchy (hard to explain) thought it was red stuff pads that are on car. So took wheels off front turns out that spring clip on top of calliper wasn't fitted on right. mainly driver side so checked other side it was same but didn't always make as much noise.
Would this be something that would move on its own are just last mechanic who was at them still about 8mm left on them either side. Done a few miles after I fixed them now nothing when warmed up.
Need a break after driveshaft snapped on van this week and it only in 8 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked the Leggy up after an NCT pre check, had a few minor things sorted out nothing too major though which attests to it condition not bad for a 15 year old car just have to go back next week to have the rear ATB bushes replaced and then I should be all good for NCT on March 10th... Was considering going the poly-bush route but... Too much cost and too little time to order

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Pre nct check over today for test during the week fingers crossed. Fitted the cat on and can't wait to get back off already
66cbaca24213d0f736cb06958e0547d0.jpg
53bdc6ad6e3295ab8893599b102742e0.jpg

Sports cat fitted fuel pressure reg new plugs 7's new fuel pump new K&n filter new fuel filter and some magic pellets in her belly all ready for mapping on Wednesday.
Big big thanks to Ciaran in asd for all his hard work
Looking forward to seeing the results.

Fitted the turbo timer I bought of Dave, all working like a charm, had one question though how much time is the general accepted amount of time to set?

Have one in the alarm set for 3 mins
Had a blitz one on my v1 and it had an auto setting on it depending how hot it was it stayed on longer

Great little investment, usually have mine set to a minute. Part of my alarm currently and set to one minute

Yeah currently set mine to 1 minute but wasn't sure if this was enough

If you don't let the turbo cool when you turn off the engine the oil stops pumping so if you can imagine oil in the turbo sitting there cooking itself turns burnt and causes all sorts of problems.

Boss just killed turbo and engine on his wife Ibiza cupra as he never was cooling engine after hard diving. Car is 1 year old with around 20k km.
New turbos and engine rebuilt. Lucky enough on warranty as he never admitted his fault on it and seat took it as fault under warranty.
Told him to install turbo timer as he will have to rebuild engine soon if he will keep doing what he is doing.

Had turbo'd cars for 15 years never had an issue, or fitted a turbo timer

If you can't drive normal when going the last mile home, or sit in the count to 10
Giving it a chance to cool down. You not going to rag it til you switch it off

Back