What did you do to your car today?

so long as the engine doesn't fall out of it I'll be fine .

Wouldn't be like vw engines to be problematic lol . brothers passat had a new waterpump in under 6 months .

Pumps are different in the RS..... but give trouble too.
They are electric and stick open causing the temp gauge to hit the roof while driving.

Fixed a fuel leak behind a/c pump. The rubber reacted with temperature so on cold morning it wouldn't seal properly. I changed all the rubber injector hoses while I was at it for peace of mind. Catastrophe averted.

Pumps are different in the RS..... but give trouble too.
They are electric and stick open causing the temp gauge to hit the roof while driving.
Is it same pum0s on the golfs/passats/skoda's heard a lot of them giving bother within the first year. Is the replacement one modified do you know? In laws new skoda just got done. I presume it's sorted.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Is it same pum0s on the golfs/passats/skoda's heard a lot of them giving bother within the first year. Is the replacement one modified do you know? In laws new skoda just got done. I presume it's sorted.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Depends on engine version. The 1.6tdi has a normal pump which leaks and the RS type engine is electric type which sticks open.
No idea if they are modified as they look no different to me.

In saying that any new one I've fitted has never leaked since.

d42f4ea91f1adb9981c14541ddf89003.jpg

was passing garage today only to see her perched on top of the transporter

Last edited:
you'd swear it Phil.

was going from job in wicklow to one in rathdrum and passed the garage and there it was :icon_grin:

Congratulations Tommy did ya get rid of the volosaraptor lol

Yup,didn't get a bad trade on it to be fair .

I'd still recommend hyundai though. she's had 3 of them over the years and not had a single issue with any of them .

be getting very impatient next week for the vrs to be regd etc . the amount of new cars in the dealership was mad . Surely 25 new motors going out in next few days . recession is a distant memory for some it seems

Health to enjoy tommy cracking motor and car sales are on the up with the pcp finance it's making it easy for people to drive a new car

Back