What did you do to your car today?

They will stop the car no bother all the lads and I are saying it the quality of them is not great
I'd try hold off and maybe save and go the ap route in a few months the old saying buy right buy once ......or something like that lol.
It's 2 good a car to put inferior parts on IMHO
That's my 2 cents but you do whatever you feel like.

Maybe look at used ap's there might be something out there
What's a set of ksport 8 pots about a 1000pounds are the ap really 4K
I see 6 pot ap for 2oddk I think they would be a better option then 8 ksport

Last edited:
They will stop the car no bother all the lads and I are saying it the quality of them is not great
I'd try hold off and maybe save and go the ap route in a few months the old saying buy right buy once ......or something like that lol.
It's 2 good a car to put inferior parts on IMHO
That's my 2 cents but you do whatever you feel like.

Dont know anything about fast fords but judging by subaru if you scout long enouh the right places you should be able to come up with nice set. They dont have to be APs. Would nice porsche set not fit with custom brackets. Or bigger brembo. Sure lads in US often fit Cadillac calipers as an upgrade:

Attachments

• 1479511_10209257604176218_812194023082301880_n_zps0hkbptwv.jpg
    1479511_10209257604176218_812194023082301880_n_zps0hkbptwv.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 69
I think for what he's using the RS for, KSports will be fine. Especially with the disc and pad he's specced.

Their shortfall seems to be quality of paint. Maybe before they're put on, have somewhere blast them and powder coat them.

Friend of mine has an Evo X and his red brembos turned brown after a couple trackdays when he upgraded his discs and pads.

I fitted good few sets of the ksport's back in the day when the garage I worked in was a dealer for them and there actually grand. Discs are very good there own pads aren't great but most lads spend the extra cash on pads, the only hassle with them is that there's loads of lads sellin the kits but it's a fairly hard to get parts If uv to rebuild the calliper and the design of the calliper is a lot different to brembos or ap's so it's kinda tricky to make sure the seals are back sittin on perfectly and a lot of them end up leakin from the seals and have to be done twice.
You can get brembo 18z callipers fairly cheap on eBay, get nice ap discs and pads and your set! Just need to make up a bracket to mount the calliper to the hub. This is what I plan to do is anyone knows a good place to get the brackets made up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just spent the morning doing some reading about ksport as I was thinking about a brake upgrade and I have to say I'm finding it hard to find anything bad about them.
Looking at all the car sites lads are raving about them most are saying they are better stopping power than a.p. and a lot of people have made the jump from 6 pot ap to 8 pot ksport and say they are far better brake more progressive peddle and a good walk cheaper
It K sport I was referring to were 8/9 years ago they seemed to have pulled up there socks.
But the colour fade seems to still be a problem if it was me I'd be going black
Sounds good paddy worth a pop if you ask me
As I said I spent the morning looking around and all good things said about them.
As for colour change my brembos ate brown from heat ......but I wouldn't have them any other way ????

Also seems to be the norm for a.p discs to suffer cracking any of you lads running them experience this

Not runing ap discs but I think it's just between the vent holes they crack but has no affect on the disc as far as I know .

Not only AP. Have seen numerous makes of discs cracking under different circumstances but most times it seems to be drilled ones that crack.

Never put drill down discs on any car I owned, always groved for better heat distribution

As for colour,it's a surprise

Back