What did you do to your car today?

44fc4f2a0be0cfebe003f35a4a385e0c.jpg

Got these of Phil (mad paddy rs) today. Happy out but think I may clean the engine bay before I fit them. Think it will take the look away from them. Phil your rs is gorgeous very tidy car. Well wear [emoji106].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its been hard work. Not easy at all. Evening full of sweat turned into night full of curses and regrets. Spent evening taking off the back paint from my gauges, to realize, that during the process I have broken the RPM needle. After testing, the needle was just jumping in 500rpm steps. Had to take it out again, and attempt to fix it. Fixed it enough, so the needle was only getting stuck between 2-3k RPM, other than that worked fine all the way.

After that the gauges were white, but not white white as the original idea that they will fit with my Boost gauge, they were yellowish white. So the hunt for RED or BLUE LEDs began. Its not easy to find LEDs in this country, I tell you that. Tried tons of different shops and stores. And finally found some in Motor Factors. They needed a bit tweaking to fit, but here is the result:

k0hqm91.jpg

While I was installing the RED LEDs, I probably touched something and the needle works just fine now again:D So I am pleased with the result, and even the gauges are working as they should! Happy days

Got the Astra back this evening after her major open heart surgery.....gearbox rebuilt...new clutch kit....all the belts replaced. Timing belt and kit done. Oil and oil filter done to. My gearbox is now like a Bolt action on a rifle thanks to my amazing mechanic...Griffin auto services ennis and cahir gearbox centre. It's like a new car.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Its been hard work. Not easy at all. Evening full of sweat turned into night full of curses and regrets. Spent evening taking off the back paint from my gauges, to realize, that during the process I have broken the RPM needle. After testing, the needle was just jumping in 500rpm steps. Had to take it out again, and attempt to fix it. Fixed it enough, so the needle was only getting stuck between 2-3k RPM, other than that worked fine all the way.

After that the gauges were white, but not white white as the original idea that they will fit with my Boost gauge, they were yellowish white. So the hunt for RED or BLUE LEDs began. Its not easy to find LEDs in this country, I tell you that. Tried tons of different shops and stores. And finally found some in Motor Factors. They needed a bit tweaking to fit, but here is the result:

While I was installing the RED LEDs, I probably touched something and the needle works just fine now again:D So I am pleased with the result, and even the gauges are working as they should! Happy days

Well done ,pain and suffering is what this car stuff is all about :goodjob:

The Green is horrible :shtf:

Rice will be served today

b58dd27cda14cd296b6275a4e1edf0c0.jpg

But I dont care, i like how it looks and fits with them wheels

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bought a Red one a JAE as well, and a Red Battery bar to go with my Black and Red colour coding, I like it !

Got a few goodies for the wagon yesterday and decided to actually achieve something on a monday by fitting them, the strut bar brackets actually arrived attached the wrong way round which led to some initial head scratching but was very easy fit after that..

Picked up a Forge BOV also but won't have that on til i get a blanking bung for the recirc hose

Still waiting on info to get the car fixed so trying not to drive it at all, but renewed membership today. Best €50 you can spend for your car, plus more stickers, i do love me some stickers :653:

Speakin of stickers any idea when the members packs will be sent out for new members? Lookin forward to gettin my stickers an all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fitted some new boots to my wrx. Pretty happy with the results. Trying to keep the car as discreet as possible while adding my own touches to it.

IMG_20160922_130341.jpg

IMG_20160922_130241.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20160922_130341.jpg
    IMG_20160922_130341.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20160922_130241.jpg
    IMG_20160922_130241.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 83
Back