What did you do to your car today?

Lovely job :)

e7yjy9uq.jpg

Robbie Sti

Heading towards nct, should be fun

Passed with flying colours

Watching the tester trying to start it immobilsyer on, priceless

Brakes seemed to be a but less effective lately so i thought i would take the calipers off to have a look, All look good initially, rear side pads was stuck in the body of the caliper and not moving freely, also rear of disc had glazed over:

rear of discs:

Had to actually chip the build up out of the grooves with a chisel it was so hard, harder than brake compound so i think it was a combo of brake pad build up and disc build up. Also cleaned and sorted and stops a bit better, need to find a cheaper alternative to replacement discs for this 2 piece setup. Any idea what was the cause of this? the stuck rear side pads? Went for a good drive around today, out to Howth to watch the riots! and stretch the legs

Get them skimmed Dan , murfit brake and clutch in finglas do it . Then just file the face of the pads, some copper grease and bang it all back together , cheap fix

had a good oul "play " with a motorbike on the motorway at weekend ,.

he shot by me , i shot by him , he shot by me , and so on . then after a minor stoppage as i passed him he popped a wheelie . :icon_headbang: (he had passenger , i was fully loaded aswell ) pretty cool sight !

5 mins later , we went our seperate ways with a mutual respectful wave to each other !

[size=2pt]no speed limits were broken, maybe [/size]

Sold my bugeye 2 weeks back. Regretted it since but couldnt afford it everyday, picked up a mk4 golf gti, and now i plan to buy a classic to tidy up over a few months and keep for the weekends. I think im gone mad lol

[quote author=Farrelly link=topic=30408.msg1#msg1 date=1370909788]
Sold my bugeye 2 weeks back. Regretted it since but couldnt afford it everyday, picked up a mk4 golf gti, and now i plan to buy a classic to tidy up over a few months and keep for the weekends. I think im gone mad lol
[/quote]

I'm the only bug in athboy ...

Robbie Sti

Fitted 2 new goodyear f1's to the front, decided on them after a bit of looking through old comments on here, federals in the bin pure muck still thread on them but split on the inside wall, they were on it when i got her, hopefully get the other 2 shortly.......................ready for donegal next week :changinggear:

Ok bit of a big post here and spent the week doing this so here goes....

I picked up Billys old Legacy GTB 2 weeks ago and I must say its some car to move....Last time I had something with a bit of power was nearly 4 years ago when I had the Skyline.

Anyway the first week I made a list of things todo and ordered up the parts

Full service oil,oil filter, and a set of plugs
also did a set of front and rear drop links
Swapped out the blue wrx seats with my V5 seats
And also removed some of the Clifford alarm as theres 2 fitted to it ( Don't like Cliffords anyway)

Got the car ready this morning for the NCT on Wednesday, bulbs replaced, exhaust leak at flange sorted.
Baffle fitted & also changed the exhaust hangers to slightly longer ones for the blitz nur spec as it was tiny bit too close to the bumper and that tip gets so hot. Gave it a nice clean inside & out.

The camber is abit on the positive side so need to adjust that back next weekend a wee bit as the front are wearing out the outside.
I'm worried about the front tires they are just shy of the markers so fingers crossed.

Saw colms mint classic yesterday felt very bad fr my dirty blob washed waxed mine today much much better now :banana:

Back