What did you do to your car today?

Got stock in and gave it a good clean ahead of todays show in Mosney.

my03RS.jpg

my03RS1.jpg

my03RS2.jpg

my03RS3.jpg

my03RS4.jpg

Its nice but it needs a bit more carbon to compliment it even tho it looks well with the grille. Maybe try it on the scoop?

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=30408.msg356635#msg356635 date=1307964244]
Darker wheels or even spray/powdercoat the ones ya have now may finish it off , i like it tho
[/quote]

+1

Few bits done today,

Modified the HKS SSQV to get rid of the horrible squeak they make when you lift off, sounds a lot more like a blitz BOV now, alot quieter and easier to live with.
Also tidyed up some vaccum pipes feeding my ecu,boost controller and boost gauge.

[quote author=goldenjohn link=topic=30408.msg356633#msg356633 date=1307963522]
Finally a pic with the splitter wrapped, i'm a little undecided??

[/quote]

Honestly John, straight away to me it just looks like a plastic splitter you haven't bothered to paint before putting on. Maybe it looks better in the flesh and you can obviously see its carbo wrapped but I think it just makes it look unfinished

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=30408.msg356719#msg356719 date=1308001112]
[quote author=goldenjohn link=topic=30408.msg356633#msg356633 date=1307963522]
Finally a pic with the splitter wrapped, i'm a little undecided??

[/quote]

Honestly John, straight away to me it just looks like a plastic splitter you haven't bothered to paint before putting on. Maybe it looks better in the flesh and you can obviously see its carbo wrapped but I think it just makes it look unfinished
[/quote]
Yup thats Exactly what i thought about it too. it does look better in the flesh but i agree with ya robbie - I do look every day i go out to the car wondering about it - And if i truely liked it i would't be trying so hard to say it looks class!!!
Mite whip it off and spray it up right.

resprayed standard front grill black and put it back on the car and then finally fitted my new front splitter, undecided if ill keep the standard grill as is, might go back to the mesh one, to keep that stealth look

looked for boost/vacuum leak, messed around with grills can't decide which one looks better:

Stock painted satin black:
IMG_20110615_141241.jpg

or Sport mesh grill?:

IMG_20110615_142229.jpg

ye i can spray the chrome bits or wrap them with some carbon vinyl stuff, might try wrap them first as i can easily take it off

Wrapping is a good idea at least if ya don't like it it can be easily reversed, something nice about the original grill if it weren't for all that bloody chrome!!

changed the front break pads to find ive got 2 ceased pistons!!! one in each caliper!!!!

have ordered new pistons cause they will likely need replaced and a new seal kit so goina overhaul the whole lot while im at it!!!!!

have to say tho the cheap Apec pads have a better innitial bite than the Mintex pads had!!!!!

Honestly Danny I never had any confidence in them!!!
there was always doubt in my mind that i was going to be able to stop if i decided to push on a bit!!!!!

so far the cheap ass Apec pads are alot better and giving alot more confidence in my breaks

Front mount intercooler, Apexi filter and magnecor plug leads landed on the doorstep tis afternoon.
Gonna be a busy weekend.... :icon_grin:

Back