What did you do to your car today?

Noticed my clear indicator on the wing was hanging off. Found out the clip thing was broke dunno if someone was at it or what ,no damage to paint. super glued the clip not very well. it'll do for now :thumbsup:

[quote author=nodge link=topic=30408.msg351656#msg351656 date=1304928374]
Mine had its first encounter with the Garda noise test and came off worse!! :angry1:
[/quote]

Ah balls John... what was the outcome???

[quote author=mynameismud link=topic=30408.msg351675#msg351675 date=1304936188]

German plates on a jap car?? :ponder: na man don't do it.
[/quote]
I have them on mine, ordered by mistake though, will need to replace them for NCT in August though

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=30408.msg351657#msg351657 date=1304928599]
Mine had its first encounter with the Garda noise test and came off worse!! :angry1:
[/quote]

[/quote]

I was pulled over at the weekend for a go with this new technology. Was followed by a squad car down a street for about half a mile and then got the blue lights and pulled in. Guard told me about new limit of 99db and new meter for on the spot test. They hooked it up and I had to rev to 3,750rpm. It measured at 82.5 at tick over and at about 103 each time it reached 3,750 – we gave it 3 goes because the guard wanted to do one himself with his hand pressing down the accelerator!!!

I just said “Yes guard, no guard, 3 bags full guard” because I could see it was going to work out ok. I asked a few questions around why it had to be 3,750rpm and where they were placing the equipment, but I didn’t even get out to look as my wife was with me so wanted to keep it hassle free. At the end of it they told me I “would have to get something done about it”. I told him I had a bung at home that I had never used and that would make a huge difference. I have to have it sorted before I’m next in the place where it happened (about 90 miles from home)!!

My car has a full decat with Ninja II backbox from scoobyworld. The backbox was quiet when I got it, it’s the decat that made it loud. I was going to put it through the NCT with just the OEM downpipe back on, not using the bung!

[quote author=nodge link=topic=30408.msg351678#msg351678 date=1304936566]
[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=30408.msg351657#msg351657 date=1304928599]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I was pulled over at the weekend for a go with this new technology. Was followed by a squad car down a street for about half a mile and then got the blue lights and pulled in. Guard told me about new limit of 99db and new meter for on the spot test. They hooked it up and I had to rev to 3,750rpm. It measured at 82.5 at tick over and at about 103 each time it reached 3,750 – we gave it 3 goes because the guard wanted to do one himself with his hand pressing down the accelerator!!!

I just said “Yes guard, no guard, 3 bags full guard” because I could see it was going to work out ok. I asked a few questions around why it had to be 3,750rpm and where they were placing the equipment, but I didn’t even get out to look as my wife was with me so wanted to keep it hassle free. At the end of it they told me I “would have to get something done about it”. I told him I had a bung at home that I had never used and that would make a huge difference. I have to have it sorted before I’m next in the place where it happened (about 90 miles from home)!!

My car has a full decat with Ninja II backbox from scoobyworld. The backbox was quiet when I got it, it’s the decat that made it loud. I was going to put it through the NCT with just the OEM downpipe back on, not using the bung!

[/quote]

Probably need a sports cat...well worth it to avoid NCT hassles etc plus you'll only lose a few bhp

The alternative is looking better at the moment - swap downpipes for NCT, pass NCT, sell car!!!

only got home from a wedding yesterday afternoon , but on the way home dropped into halfords on the way home , got some great wheel cleaner , megs tyre shine , megs quick detailer and few other bits and spent 5 hours on a wash and polish , pics later

after washing and de taring my impreza on sunday, drove it to work and home and will hav to wash her again tomorrow if its nice out

here you go john. New wheels on 2 weeks ago, car washed, polished and waxed. Was going to change the exhaust manifold but had a change of heart as whats on it is better from what i can find online.

SL272494.jpg

Looks like the same picture you used to show them on the car originally Dave.. Go out and take a new picture right now from dead side on.. I don't believe they are still that clean :1poke: :1poke: :1poke:

Back