What did you do to your car today?

Fair play joe well done is that an identity thing that the wing mirrors case are sliver on 204

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some cars joe [emoji106]. Looks like a clean scirocco in the back round

Yes Nigel It's a 92 scirocco it's a clean car 1 owner from new Great little car to rev . Back when vw built good cars

passed nct first attempt on thursday evening:653: so as an early chrissie pressie she is getting some new clocks

Removed the Tein suspension and EDFC controller from the spec c and fitted a set of spec c Ra-r 4 way adjustable struts .

There the same as the S204 suspension struts but with 4 adjustments on the bottom nut from hard to soft . Very happy with the handling and the way it sits now .

The tein’s were new and only covered 10k from New and the EDFC controller meant you could change from soft to hard or anywhere in between at the touch of a button Which is very handy . But the pink Sti suspension is a nicer feel on the road not cheap but worth it :thumbsup:.

Any idea who makes that suspension?
Where did you find it?

Still looking at wide track 114.3 PDC suspension options
(other than same flawed factory, only-to-be-got-at-the-stealers-for-mental-money, oem struts).

They're still kyb Charles but slightly better than sti is my understanding

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
They are Kyb shocks Charles but I looked up the part numbers but they not listed from kyb so can not be got from them otherwise would have order new kyb ones and pink sti springs

Who says white doesn't have gloss lol

Winter protected, j hooked rear discs and pads ordered to match the bbk discs upfront
New wheels be here this wk and new map in new year. That is all

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    97.2 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 126
They are Kyb shocks Charles but I looked up the part numbers but they not listed from kyb so can not be got from them otherwise would have order new kyb ones and pink sti springs

Yeah... very same issue I have been running into with them.
Have written to them (KYB) before and their response indicated that the units for the Hawk / wide track cars are (still) under license and this stops them from listing and selling direct. They told me previously the license was supposed to run out in 2017 unless renewed by the license holder.

It has been quite a while I’ve not posted much and that’s because I’ve relocated from ireland to Kuwait sold my wrx. Good thing is I’ve purchased an Sti back here and you know how it is, I got hooked. The shitty thing is after having purchased the car ( was tested at a test center and I was given the go ahead to buy the car as nothing was detected ) I parked the car at home once I transferred it’s ownership, an the evening of that same day I was doing a regular check on the oil level, water etc ... I was surprised that the engine was dry and had no oil in it. I decided to tow the car to the dealership the following day to have the problem diagnosed, after having checked the pressure of each cylinder there was a drop on the second cylinder (20psi was the reading) usually it would be ranging from 142-160 psi
We pulled the engine dismantled it and the cause was a ring land failure in the 2nd cylinder and the car currently is at the service center ! What are your thoughts I’d love to hear them
6477bc8e699c168a45018c42743ef9c8.jpg

:icon_sad:Jesus that's not good Are you getting it covered under warranty? Or was it a private sale .

Unfortunately it's a common problem if it's not headgaskets with the 2.5 it's ringlands . New forged pistons, uprated headstuds and head gaskets are a must and will see you trouble free for a good while .

Hope it's no out of your pocket

Back