What did you do to your car today?

Went for the nct today. Such a shuffle to get a cert no fault of the car. Their brake tester machine that they use on 4wd's was acting up so they couldn't complete the test. I had to go back after work and got all sorted. The tester disconnected my dash cam for the test even though it wasn't connected to power. He was playing it safe.
Which bit of the test can they not do on 4wd is it something to do with brakes aswell. Ya'd wonder why he goes to the bother to disconnect it for the few minutes,

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Can't go on rollers cause only two which awd needs four. So they have to do brake test on road as can't use rollers which they normally do that's why they bring it for a short spin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting! The wrx has the test tomorrow night, so I'll update with what they do with it, with regards the brake test

Interesting! The wrx has the test tomorrow night, so I'll update with what they do with it, with regards the brake test

It's no harm to leave a note on dash stating it's permanent awd just to remind them [emoji6]

Can't go on rollers cause only two which awd needs four. So they have to do brake test on road as can't use rollers which they normally do that's why they bring it for a short spin
They put it on a lift last time to check mine out.

They connected a blue reader with brake sign on the screen to the obd or there undearneat the steering wheel column. Then he just drive off and hit the brakes. Thats all.

Which bit of the test can they not do on 4wd is it something to do with brakes aswell. Ya'd wonder why he goes to the bother to disconnect it for the few minutes,

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
There's a sign up in the waiting area to say that there is no photographs or videos to be taken on the premises. Applies to dash cams too obviously ????

Out with the old
856afeb99b351738cf945d24f73341b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Failed on cracked windscreen and rear shock is gone, both things I knew about so no surprised :thumbsup: Just need to source a shock(s) now. Also no brake test was done

Made €1200 into a piece of paper today ????????

Off to cry now

Attachments

• 20171012_102418.jpg
    20171012_102418.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 71
  • 20171012_114352.jpg
    20171012_114352.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 69
Thanks Phil. We were all waiting for you payment. Now finally the roads and the bursting water pipes will be sorted :icon_lol:

Had forgot about road tax,and had saved up for new stage 2 incooler and bigger injectors and new map
Them the letter arrived????

Still cheaper than the subaru to insure,and works out less too. Go figure

Ateast it's done and cant complain as it gets used and not stored up

It's a disgrace really. There shouldn't be any more than 1k coming out of any house regardless of how many vehicles you're taxing.

If you think about it, it's the economy that suffers really. Wouldn't we all be inclined to do a bit more with our cars if we had a few more € to play around with. And with that, suppliers/mechanics etc would benefit with the extra work going their way the more drivers/enthusiasts would spend. And the government would have more tax take etc from the increase in employment/VAT and all that goes with it....more than they make on motor tax I'd imagine.

Back