What did you do to your car today?

I was planning on doing these since I have been updating the suspension bit by bit.

Well there are the arms that were on my car i took them off and had them redone and poly bushed

I had theses on the car if you are interested in them need a bit of a tidy but are all good

Attachments

• IMG_0671.JPG
    IMG_0671.JPG
    265.1 KB · Views: 87
Car all cleaned now for Sunday just need to wipe it down when i get there

Attachments

• IMG_0876.JPG
    IMG_0876.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0877.JPG
    IMG_0877.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 94
If your going to jump over the 300 Dan,you'll need the block mod and keep an eye out for RS pistons and rods
Proven for the 400+

Not sure on bluefin maps, but it you want more aggressive map try revo map
Or better still get custom map on rollers

#teamgreatwhite ????????

hehe great white! Yeah i wont be going over 300 id say, can't see me keeping this car too long. Have heard the collins performance maps are decent. No point me me paying another few hundred quid for a different mapping solution. might stick it on the dyno in a few weeks and see what power the bluefins make

hehe great white! Yeah i wont be going over 300 id say, can't see me keeping this car too long. Have heard the collins performance maps are decent. No point me me paying another few hundred quid for a different mapping solution. might stick it on the dyno in a few weeks and see what power the bluefins make

Have CP/Collins map on mine, nice map and pulls strong through the Rev range

As long as your happy with it and performs

John, I feel for you, I really do. And I agree with what you're saying about what might happen 50m down the road. Take my car as an example: I got the test last May for 2 years but I'm driving to Finnegans garage tomorrow as the CEL is on because of the secondary air system is giving bother again. I also need to get the air bag sensor replaced because of the recall.
Had I waited a few weeks the car probably wouldn't pass because I heard they're not inclined to pass a car now with that light on.
I admit that I'm lucky I've got the test. The last time the car was due the test I had the same problems with the car and I wasn't able to get the car sorted for about 6 months after the test was due. There weren't penalty points that time if your nct was out though I'm sure I'd have been asked questions about it if I was pulled over.
I don't know what the solution is. Your car is fine but only got 1 year test. Mine is now technically not fine but I got a 2 year test from May.

Just on what Tommy replied and what you've mentioned below, I assume the reason why a car is considered to be 10 years old at 90 days ahead of time is because the cert is dated at the car's anniversary date and not the date you tested on, if you did it within 90 days.
Who knows, maybe they need to knock that on the head altogether and let people do the test when they like and it applies from that date....

Anyway, I don't want to come across like I work for NCT. I'm just putting across my understanding of how it works, I'm not saying I agree with it or anything.

I agree it's great to be able to test the car at any time now, but that more so suits people buying and selling or a dealership.

The car isn't technically 10 years old until 13 October, yet once you're within 90 days of test, they consider it 10 years old.

The NCT cover their arse by saying a car is only road worthy at time of test, and could be taken off you 50 metres down the road if there was a checkpoint with a PSV inspector in a bad mood. (Within reason.)

The car is no different now than what it was if I'd tested it before the 90 days. It'll still need whatever consumables when it needs them, regardless of what date is on the test. So that rule change in 2014 makes no sense.

Got my Mishimoto radiator and coolant expansion tank fitted along with getting the car serviced after the radiator sprung a leak.
5e676a3d1be3c13b17d864a08bf179a8.jpg
cc958f60f501f60460c1e6935789116e.jpg
e9af3fc6ac4aba3b22209c1ad3d414a1.jpg
fed2a555fcdc52830f44e5853e4a1f9b.jpg
3471d12847418a56cbf88ad977c3371b.jpg

Just back from Finnegans after getting the air bag sensor replaced. Gave the Sheriff a shout out for reminding they were the place to go.
Also got a new relay for the secondary air system.
The place was full of Subarus and I'm not surprised. Great guys there.

Just back from Finnegans after getting the air bag sensor replaced. Gave the Sheriff a shout out for reminding they were the place to go.
Also got a new relay for the secondary air system.
The place was full of Subarus and I'm not surprised. Great guys there.
Peter knows me well. I deal with him through Flemings. I'm making a list of things that need to be changed on the next service already. Did you go to Cooney's hotel to eat? Some breakfast there!!

Must give them a shout to get mine done as well

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yep, went to Cooneys :thumbsup:
Always one of the pit stops in Ballymahon :)

Peter knows me well. I deal with him through Flemings. I'm making a list of things that need to be changed on the next service already. Did you go to Cooney's hotel to eat? Some breakfast there!!

Got my brother to translate some decals and a friend to cut them for me - hopefully get to them before tomorrow - while writing should look well on the hearse

Attachments

• IMG_0167.JPG
    IMG_0167.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0168.JPG
    IMG_0168.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0169.JPG
    IMG_0169.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 64
Back