What did you do to your car today?

Striped off decals on both sides of da car,

wash and wax,

Tinted 2 rear windows

all in all a good days work :zzzz:

Done a bit of DIY on my wheels!
car012.jpg

car013.jpg

Rebuilt my spare 4 pots off my type r with new seals and got them ready for fitment to wagon for next weekend along with Sti 2 pots... :icon_biggrin: Lost a few knuckles along the way... And nearly broke a finger. :iamwithstupid:

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=30408.msg353857#msg353857 date=1306104980]
Rebuilt my spare 4 pots off my type r with new seals and got them ready for fitment to wagon for next weekend along with Sti 2 pots... :icon_biggrin: Lost a few knuckles along the way... And nearly broke a finger. :iamwithstupid:
[/quote]

From what i have seen of your work, they are probably better finished than they were from factory!! :icon_razz:

Cheers Dave.... not quite though... they where clean enough as my type r... which they came off... only has 50k kilometers on it so there is plenty of life left in em. :dance:

I'm not as fussy with my wagon which is my daily driver... I'd be fully stripping em and painting em if they where going on the project build... but on the wagon they'll be in shite in no time so not much point.... just some new seals and a bit of a clean down. :thumbsup:

Any chance you feel like doing a how to on the job? Something ive been thinking of doing lately. Where did you get the new seals?

Was doing some data logging and one of the TMIC hoses popped off pulled over to fix it, wind caught the bonnet, flew off stand and went back against windscreen, bending the 2 corners a small bit :wall:

[quote author=sligo_dave link=topic=30408.msg353882#msg353882 date=1306149242]
Any chance you feel like doing a how to on the job? Something ive been thinking of doing lately. Where did you get the new seals?
[/quote]

Heya Dave... To be honest it's fairly straight forward. It would make more sense for me to do a "how to" if I'd taken pics... but i found thison NASIOC this which may help you...

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=881881

The hardest part is removing the pistons. I managed to use a compressed air to push them nearly fully out and then removed em the last bit by hand. Be careful if you use compressed air... place a block of wood in front of piston so not to damage it as they come out with some pace. I got my index finger in the way of one of the pistons and the wooden block by accident and HEY PRESTO... one nearly broken digit... lovely bruised bone and a black finger is a lesson learnt! The air turned blue for a good 10 mins!!!! :angry1: :angry1: :angry1:

I got the seal kit through Carroll & Roche... approx €23 + the vat.... just ask for a caliper seal kit for STI 4 pots... they'll probably need your chassis number. One kit will do both P/S & D/S calipers. And make sure you have plenty of brake cleaner, latex gloves and a few dust masks!

Got the car a fresh NCT cert on its second attempt failed first time on 1 headlight out of alignment and 2 steering rack gaitors split passed no worries this time :dance:

[quote author=scoobycolm link=topic=30408.msg353423#msg353423 date=1305826238]
fitted fog lamp covers and colour keyed the little orange things that where under the bumper indicators

IMAG1321.jpg

IMAG1451.jpg

[/quote]

Love the fog covers, and my old rims look great on her

[quote author=p1impreza link=topic=30408.msg354054#msg354054 date=1306254947]
taxed it for the year,614 euro lighter for the privilege of driving on these sh1t roads :new_2gunsfiring_v1:
[/quote]

I only tax mine for 3 months at a time, with the occasional month off here and there :shhh:

Got the car dyno'd today @ Wallace Performance in aberdeen,
Car is unmapped and boosting at 0.6 bar on my gauge,
I got 250BHP @ 8Psi boost pressure on v-power petrol 98-99 ron, 8Psi is terrible but 250BHP is better than i was expecting, he said that dyno dynamics would probably have given me 270BHP on their RR, and 250BHP would probably be a more realistic figure,
Car is running perfect, no fault codes, and pulling ok.
Said mayby if i change back to the origional ecu it might get my boost back on track,
And no reason why it wouldn't make factory BHP,
So happy all in all

Attachments

• scan0031.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • scan0031.pdf
  • scan0031.pdf
  • scan0031.pdf
  • scan0031.pdf
  • scan0031.pdf
  • scan0031.pdf
  • scan0031.pdf
  • scan0031.pdf
  • scan0031.pdf
  • scan0031.pdf
[quote author=goldenjohn link=topic=30408.msg354227#msg354227 date=1306325827]
Got the car dyno'd today @ Wallace Performance in aberdeen,
Car is unmapped and boosting at 0.6 bar on my gauge,
I got 250BHP @ 8Psi boost pressure on v-power petrol 98-99 ron, 8Psi is terrible but 250BHP is better than i was expecting, he said that dyno dynamics would probably have given me 270BHP on their RR, and 250BHP would probably be a more realistic figure,
Car is running perfect, no fault codes, and pulling ok.
Said mayby if i change back to the origional ecu it might get my boost back on track,
And no reason why it wouldn't make factory BHP,
So happy all in all

[/quote]

Well just goes to prove my point in the other thread, a standard car well running car will make it's power.

What ECU have you in it?

EDIT:Just looking at that dyno sheet, he reckons you lost 85bhp to the wheels? that's like 34% loss!!...that doesn't look right, looking at that using 25% percentage loss your flywheel figure should only be about 220bhp

did nothing to the car just made a to-do list as i'v someone looking at buying my bike tonight, fingers crossed it sells then it respray time :subaru:

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=30408.msg354234#msg354234
Well just goes to prove my point in the other thread, a standard car well running car will make it's power.

What ECU have you in it? Zero Sports ECU, its what has always been it in since i have had it, and never ran 100% regarding power.
EDIT:Just looking at that dyno sheet, he reckons you lost 85bhp to the wheels? that's like 34% loss!!...that doesn't look right, looking at that using 25% percentage loss your flywheel figure should only be about 220bhp
[/quote]
This i dont know about dave, they were very surprised by the drop off in the VOD, also i know my clutch aint 100% either, little bit of shuddering has been felt, Dont know would this have anything to do with it.
I can ring them and ask anyway, find out the story.

Back