Irish Subaru Drivers Club Forum - Powered by vBulletin

#

Page 464 of 506 FirstFirst ... 364414454457458459460461462463464465466467468469470471474 ... LastLast
Results 9,261 to 9,280 of 10102

Thread: What did you do to your car today?

  1. #9261
    Full ISDC Club Member Pablo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 46 Times in 17 Posts
    Rides
    0
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran WRX View Post
    God no



    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    You were in that day in school when they said..
    Do a job once and do it right



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pablo85 For This Useful Post:

    Ciaran WRX (05-01-2018)

  3. #9262
    Committe Members Ciaran WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    12,205
    Thanks
    4,854
    Thanked 4,439 Times in 2,444 Posts
    Rides
    1
    Rep Power
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo85 View Post
    You were in that day in school when they said..
    Do a job once and do it right



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yea or locked up

    Eibachs should be sweet with Kybs

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ciaran WRX; 05-01-2018 at 23:47.

  4. #9263
    Petrolheads
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,013
    Thanks
    606
    Thanked 556 Times in 360 Posts
    Rides
    0
    Rep Power
    9
    +1 for eibachs I had a pleasure riding with Ciaran as a passo and the kyb ultra sr's+eibachs great combo and she was well planted on the tarmac! classic would be probably more stiff? but I would say it would be a great upgrade/improvement in handling and possibly more comfort over the stock suspension if u are runing one of course I will be upgrading my classic with kyb's and eibachs, had eibach springs before on other cars and really loved them

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tad For This Useful Post:

    Pablo85 (06-01-2018)

  6. #9264
    Full ISDC Club Member Pablo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 46 Times in 17 Posts
    Rides
    0
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tad View Post
    +1 for eibachs I had a pleasure riding with Ciaran as a passo and the kyb ultra sr's+eibachs great combo and she was well planted on the tarmac! classic would be probably more stiff? but I would say it would be a great upgrade/improvement in handling and possibly more comfort over the stock suspension if u are runing one of course I will be upgrading my classic with kyb's and eibachs, had eibach springs before on other cars and really loved them
    Atm I’m running the stock suspension with apex springs which have well and truly seen their day!

    Anybody run KYB AGX on a classic here??
    The Only concern is that the eibachs might be a bit stiff with a soft shock like excel gs?
    It’s a pitty they don’t make the KYB Ultra sr for classic.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #9265
    Full ISDC Club Member Midnight blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Costa del tallaght
    Posts
    262
    Thanks
    180
    Thanked 216 Times in 97 Posts
    Rides
    2
    Rep Power
    6
    Spent the weekend starting to put things back as nature intended.

    Took a bit of trial and error to squeeze in the v7 tmic that i got courtesy of pergie

    There's never such a thing as "doesn't fit"

    Still to fit a freash bumper thats currently being painted and re wire the battery into the engine bay.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

  8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Midnight blue For This Useful Post:

    dontommy (07-01-2018), Grahamo spec c (07-01-2018), Pedro555 (07-01-2018), pergie (07-01-2018), scoobysub (07-01-2018), Tad (08-01-2018)

  9. #9266
    Full ISDC Club Member Sheriff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Galway
    Posts
    3,653
    Thanks
    2,313
    Thanked 1,575 Times in 996 Posts
    Rides
    1
    Rep Power
    23
    Sometimes, simple is best.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sheriff For This Useful Post:

    Midnight blue (07-01-2018)

  11. #9267
    Full ISDC Club Member Midnight blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Costa del tallaght
    Posts
    262
    Thanks
    180
    Thanked 216 Times in 97 Posts
    Rides
    2
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff View Post
    Sometimes, simple is best.
    And less headaches!

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Midnight blue For This Useful Post:

    Sheriff (07-01-2018)

  13. #9268
    Full ISDC Club Member Mohar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Naas
    Posts
    294
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 123 Times in 74 Posts
    Rides
    1
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo85 View Post
    Atm I’m running the stock suspension with apex springs which have well and truly seen their day!

    Anybody run KYB AGX on a classic here??
    The Only concern is that the eibachs might be a bit stiff with a soft shock like excel gs?
    It’s a pitty they don’t make the KYB Ultra sr for classic.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a set of kyb excelG with tein springs for a classic if you want to try them youre welcome to


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mohar For This Useful Post:

    Gary sti (07-01-2018), Pablo85 (08-01-2018)

  15. #9269
    Full ISDC Club Member Pablo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 46 Times in 17 Posts
    Rides
    0
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohar View Post
    I have a set of kyb excelG with tein springs for a classic if you want to try them youre welcome to


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cheers bud really appreciate that but I’m always stuck for time so ideally I’d like to buy and fit once - how did you find you’re excel gs and tein set up on your classic??


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #9270
    Octane Boostaholics
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Portlaoise
    Posts
    1,417
    Thanks
    291
    Thanked 213 Times in 133 Posts
    Rides
    0
    Rep Power
    12
    I sold my car today, 7 years of happy motoring, going to miss the way it drove and sounded

  17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to midlandbe5 For This Useful Post:

    dontommy (08-01-2018), DUFFMAN (08-01-2018), Pablo85 (08-01-2018), scoobysub (08-01-2018), Sheriff (08-01-2018)

  18. #9271
    Full ISDC Club Member dontommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clonmel
    Posts
    8,346
    Thanks
    6,403
    Thanked 3,860 Times in 2,693 Posts
    Rides
    0
    Rep Power
    56
    I should say congrats but its kind of a sad news
    Is it going to stay in the club?

  19. #9272
    Full ISDC Club Member Pedro555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    clare
    Posts
    2,808
    Thanks
    2,773
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 858 Posts
    Rides
    0
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by midlandbe5 View Post
    I sold my car today, 7 years of happy motoring, going to miss the way it drove and sounded
    Well done Dave, 👍
    Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type R -Version 4 V Limited

  20. #9273
    Member Number 2766
    ISDC Club Treasurer
    scoobysub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    kilkenny
    Posts
    12,076
    Thanks
    2,815
    Thanked 2,628 Times in 1,666 Posts
    Rides
    1
    Rep Power
    10
    Congrads Dave. As said good and bad day but Onward and upwards
    colin, richard, bertie, frank, gone but not forgotten.

    Peter marks account Reopened in Style!!!

  21. #9274
    Full ISDC Club Member Sheriff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Galway
    Posts
    3,653
    Thanks
    2,313
    Thanked 1,575 Times in 996 Posts
    Rides
    1
    Rep Power
    23
    Even though I had my blob on the driveway with the Hawk, I still missed it leaving the drive for the last time. So Foz STI now Dave?

  22. #9275
    Octane Boostaholics
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Portlaoise
    Posts
    1,417
    Thanks
    291
    Thanked 213 Times in 133 Posts
    Rides
    0
    Rep Power
    12
    Thanks lads
    Tommy I pointed the new owner in the direction of the club
    Éanna I've a vrs octavia got, decided to try a different brand, actually quite hard to find something fast, petrol and affordable

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to midlandbe5 For This Useful Post:

    dontommy (09-01-2018)

  24. #9276
    Octane Boostaholics JAMIE-TYPERV6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    North Wicklow
    Posts
    9,257
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 309 Times in 149 Posts
    Rides
    0
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by dontommy View Post
    There is also a wheels l see lately called GTZ that are very similar to the revs. Don't know much about them but l saw somewhere that they are made by speedline(preo-r)?!?!
    Made under licence by a company in Spain actually. They are direct copies of the original Magnesium 18" Speedine SL856... but in alloy.

    Much better looking replica than the revolution and similar money I think too.

  25. #9277
    Member Number 2766
    ISDC Club Treasurer
    scoobysub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    kilkenny
    Posts
    12,076
    Thanks
    2,815
    Thanked 2,628 Times in 1,666 Posts
    Rides
    1
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by midlandbe5 View Post
    Thanks lads
    Tommy I pointed the new owner in the direction of the club
    Éanna I've a vrs octavia got, decided to try a different brand, actually quite hard to find something fast, petrol and affordable
    Vrs is a good choice not a big choice for petrol , fun , affordable cars . Vrs, golf gti, Megan rs , focus st (tax) not many after that in the 05-09 bracket
    colin, richard, bertie, frank, gone but not forgotten.

    Peter marks account Reopened in Style!!!

  26. #9278
    Full ISDC Club Member Mohar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Naas
    Posts
    294
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 123 Times in 74 Posts
    Rides
    1
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo85 View Post
    Cheers bud really appreciate that but I’m always stuck for time so ideally I’d like to buy and fit once - how did you find you’re excel gs and tein set up on your classic??


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It was great just found it a little bit low


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Mohar For This Useful Post:

    Pablo85 (09-01-2018)

  28. #9279
    Full ISDC Club Member Mohar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Naas
    Posts
    294
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 123 Times in 74 Posts
    Rides
    1
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMIE-TYPERV6 View Post
    Made under licence by a company in Spain actually. They are direct copies of the original Magnesium 18" Speedine SL856... but in alloy.

    Much better looking replica than the revolution and similar money I think too.
    Does anyone know where these can be bought thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  29. #9280
    Member Number 2766
    ISDC Club Treasurer
    scoobysub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    kilkenny
    Posts
    12,076
    Thanks
    2,815
    Thanked 2,628 Times in 1,666 Posts
    Rides
    1
    Rep Power
    10
    Talk to Duffman on here . A lad in cork retrolonge imported 4 sets I think dunnman bought 1 set. I have his number here i will send it on to you Mick
    colin, richard, bertie, frank, gone but not forgotten.

    Peter marks account Reopened in Style!!!

Similar Threads

  1. 2 today
    By scoobyturbo in forum Was it You?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-05-2012, 13:48
  2. Went to have a look at this today....
    By Mark Cahill in forum General Car Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-10-2008, 11:42

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •