What did you do to your car today?

Filled it to the top with as much Texaco as it can take for morning McRae run and checked bits and bobs can't wait looking forward to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoever owns the blue rs had lime green rs be4 it , two evos in driveway too , no scoobys doe ????

Is it on English plates?

Have been talking to a chap on back roads who had 2 egos,sold then to get a performance blue (pb) rs
Not sure if it's the same chap

Is it on English plates?

Have been talking to a chap on back roads who had 2 egos,sold then to get a performance blue (pb) rs
Not sure if it's the same chap

No this lad has two evos and the rs and think m3 ,never seen such a nice collection of motors in one driveway

Last edited:
what did I do?
Well, I turned too sharply while reversing down a narrow road and damaged the front bumper..................then 5 days later a U turn on a different narrow road 'went wrong'....
I'm hoping the front bumper is fixable. Not sure about the back one though....

Attachments

• 20170907_114521.jpg
    20170907_114521.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 20170912_111913.jpg
    20170912_111913.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 88
what did I do?
Well, I turned too sharply while reversing down a narrow road and damaged the front bumper..................then 5 days later a U turn on a different narrow road 'went wrong'....
Both repairable alright. A plastic weld on the rear good as new.

what did I do?

Yes should be no problem I got my rear bumper fixed by a friend of mine in Dublin he mainly does plastic repair and spraying it's not smashed only pushed in out of shape so could be reshaped

what did I do?

You were reversing to get a Boojum down Sp'arch! Hope you get sorted soon man :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Made a balls of the NCT. Tested the car early to get 2 years. Only 1 year on the cert. Queried it. Apparently in 2014 they changed the rule. Once car is within 90 days of when registered, it's considered a year old. For 2 year test I would have had to test before it was in the 90 day "early test" period. However this also changes the date the car would be NCT'd every year onward.

Pricks.

Sadly thats true John and makes no sense. I checked when l was doing mine 3 years ago and was lucky that checked more than 3 months but had to nct my car way in advance to get those 2 years.

It's not a complete con if you think about it...though I too used to think it was.
Two things to consider here:
1. You can get an NCT done at any time you want. Some people do this if selling a car and the buyer would like it as part of the deal. You don't have to wait for the NCT due date.
2. You can NCT a car up to 90 days ahead of time and the cert will apply from the due date, i.e. you don't have to wait until the due date arrives (as we all know)

There is no special rule really about an early test. It's just about timing.
Mine was due last August but I did it in May with a week to spare before I'd be inside 90 days. I could have booked to do it in February so that I'd be well sure of passing it before May.

Because I did it when the car was newer than 10 years old, I was able to get a 2 year cert. If I waited until within 90 days of the regular NCT schedule, the car's age would be taken at its next anniversary, which would have made it 10 years old, and I'd only have got a one year cert.

I remember seeing the guy ahead of me walk away in disgust because he had come early to do the test but only got 1 year.
The thing about coming early is misleading. Unfortunately a lot of people think if they come a month is two ahead that that is early but like everything else, "early" if you want to call it that has a definition too and that is to come no later than 90 days before your due date.

I have too dissagree with you adrian. You saying is not a complete con so is there such a think as a half con and is this making you feel better? Also is about simple math: is your car less than 10 years old? Yes it is -> then you get 2 years -> job done. But not with government is never a simple math its always a formula to get you confused and robbed in the process.
They should have said from get go that the car HAS TO BE LESS THAN 9 YEARS AND 9 MONTHS lol some joke

Last edited:
Back