What did you do to your car today?

Threw it up on a lift today. Overall, it's in great nick fit the age and very clean, passenger side tie rod end has a little play that could be a link or could be steering rack related - hopefully the former!!

Rear shock on drivers side is leaking quite badly - must have happened in the last fortnight or so as it was dry when I bought it - cusco coilovers which I don't think are rebuildable so will probably have to get a new setup - any suggestions? Also, will any wagon ones from the same MY fit does anyone know?

Threw it up on a lift today. Overall, it's in great nick fit the age and very clean, passenger side tie rod end has a little play that could be a link or could be steering rack related - hopefully the former!!

Rear shock on drivers side is leaking quite badly - must have happened in the last fortnight or so as it was dry when I bought it - cusco coilovers which I don't think are rebuildable so will probably have to get a new setup - any suggestions? Also, will any wagon ones from the same MY fit does anyone know?
Meister R coilovers. Scoobynet has a code for 10% off them. I have them in mine but unsure if it'll fit the Fozzy. Double check and well worth it. Comfortable when driving daily and brilliant on track too. 36 way adjustable dampers and adjustable ride height. Pm me if you need any further information.

Not the forester, but traced the lack of primary boost to this little bugger, hard to get back on too!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0384.JPG
    IMG_0384.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 99
Just researching here taking car off the road and reinbursing of tax and the government ia realy making it easy for me to dislike them. They work to make it hard on you to declare and even impossible to get your tax money back:

A2. You must make your off the road declaration in advance. The declaration must be made in the month of expiry of your current motor tax disc. All correctly completed applications will receive confirmation of their transaction, either by post or on the spot if the declaration is submitted in person at your local motor tax office.

Q3. Can I do it after tax has expired?

A3. No, it must be done in advance. If arrears in motor tax are due, these must be paid in full and motor tax paid for a minimum of 3 months before a declaration of non-use may be made.
Q17. Can I get a refund if I need to take a taxed vehicle off the road?

A17. Only if you qualify for a refund under existing rules. These include the vehicle being stolen and not recovered, scrapped or permanently exported, or if you are keeping the vehicle off the road for reasons of illness, absence from the State for business or educational purposes or for services overseas with the Defence Forces. In all of these instances, a minimum of three months must remain on the disc.

I've read the whole lot and the only positive l found is that they allow you to drive your car to the nct and back while declared off the road and then l thought how in other way they will squize those 55 quid out of you. So in short - there isnt anything positive

Went for the nct today. Such a shuffle to get a cert no fault of the car. Their brake tester machine that they use on 4wd's was acting up so they couldn't complete the test. I had to go back after work and got all sorted. The tester disconnected my dash cam for the test even though it wasn't connected to power. He was playing it safe.

Spotted a clean hawk sti in front of a house up the mountain just outside clonmel. Blue with gold enkei wheels. Only distinguishing feature was the wrc roof air scoop/vent thing. Does anyone know anything about it. I couldnt take a snap as it was house in the middle of nowhere and could look suspicious if l did. The thing is that l have never seen it around town before.

Back