What did you do to your car today?

I agree it's great to be able to test the car at any time now, but that more so suits people buying and selling or a dealership.

The car isn't technically 10 years old until 13 October, yet once you're within 90 days of test, they consider it 10 years old.

The NCT cover their arse by saying a car is only road worthy at time of test, and could be taken off you 50 metres down the road if there was a checkpoint with a PSV inspector in a bad mood. (Within reason.)

The car is no different now than what it was if I'd tested it before the 90 days. It'll still need whatever consumables when it needs them, regardless of what date is on the test. So that rule change in 2014 makes no sense.

Nct is joke if insurance companies won't cover car over 10 years with nct.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Fixed the antenna for a radio signal in the new stereo.
Fixed the small coolant leak.
Fixed the water leak in the rear light cluster.
Adjusted the height of the front coilovers.
And then gave her a tlc wash

Attachments

• 20170919_190009.jpg
    20170919_190009.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 76
Forgot that I had NCT booked today at 8.30pm. Come back from work around 8 and wife reminded me about it. No prep work on car whatsoever and went to test Centre.
Passed with no advisory, but received complements about how nice and tidy it is!
Now insurance renewal battle. Car now is 11y old and most of insurance companies are not happy about it.
We will see!

Replaced coolant reservoir and did a coolant flush. Also got ***** by a Golf R on the way home :(

X6Q8iY6.jpg

JTA404l.jpg

Last edited:
Forgot that I had NCT booked today at 8.30pm. Come back from work around 8 and wife reminded me about it. No prep work on car whatsoever and went to test Centre.
Passed with no advisory, but received complements about how nice and tidy it is!
Now insurance renewal battle. Car now is 11y old and most of insurance companies are not happy about it.
We will see!

Liberty insured me no worries - car is 16 years old

Replaced coolant reservoir and did a coolant flush. Also got ***** by a Golf R on the way home :(

X6Q8iY6.jpg

JTA404l.jpg

More power needed Dan!

Had a run against one a few months back....on way to work, pulled on him in 5th/6th.

Funny though when I had to go out on test drive with him for a rattle noise... half hour later... :)

Mad old b*astard to be fair and a real nice guy.
We had some laugh!

(2 door normal blue/purple colour)

More power needed Dan!

Had a run against one a few months back....on way to work, pulled on him in 5th/6th.

Funny though when I had to go out on test drive with him for a rattle noise... half hour later... :)

Mad old b*astard to be fair and a real nice guy.
We had some laugh!

(2 door normal blue/purple colour)

them Golf R's are fairly quick! Running bluefin stage 3 on mine now so supposedly about 280-290bhp take them sales figures with a pinch of salt though

There a quick car to be fair just depends whos behind the wheel and how far he's willing to push it :image:

If your going to jump over the 300 Dan,you'll need the block mod and keep an eye out for RS pistons and rods
Proven for the 400+

Not sure on bluefin maps, but it you want more aggressive map try revo map
Or better still get custom map on rollers

#teamgreatwhite ????????

Seen one of them golf r in mondello at the auto hero days lashing rain and I have never seen anything as quick in the wet around there .....savage fast and not a wheel out of place it was unreal to watch

So had nct this morning failed on brake light and horn handy fix

Also got a chance to get under the car and fit the new H brace and pink arms

Now time to clean for japfest

Attachments

• IMG_0875.JPG
    IMG_0875.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0873.JPG
    IMG_0873.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0874.JPG
    IMG_0874.JPG