post pics of your reptiles up if you have any

chris139ryan

Octane Boostaholics
just thought id start a thread to see if there is any other reptile keepers on the site. i will start it off i have a bearded dragon and a frilled dragon

It started off about 4 months ago when i purchased a baby beardie from reptile heaven. heres a picture just after i got him. i named him rory
beardie1.jpg

heres pictures the way he is now 4 months on and still growing every week

beardie3-1.jpg

beardie4-1.jpg

beardie2.jpg

now onto my frilled dragon. I held my first one about 2 months in reptile heaven and just fell in love with them. I held an adult but i wanted a baby so i could see him grow up and develop over the coming years. I named him jalapeno due to his firey temper but i love him. i only got him about 3 weeks ago heres a few pictures of him as he is now. He has grown very little since i got him but i have noticed his tail is alot thicker

frilleddragon.jpg

frilleddragon3.jpg

frilleddragon2.jpg

my plan is when the are both adults is to get a custom 3x5x3 viv so they can both live together but thats only if they will get along, only time will tell. I think i am finished with my dragon collection for a good while only other dragon i would like would be a chinese water dragon but i dont have the room for one.
let me know what yous think of my dragons

I started off with a common boa
snakes001.jpg

Then about 6 months later i got a brazilian rainbow boa
snakes002.jpg

the brazilian was stunning in the sunlight with shimers of purple going through it but sadly over the space of 4 months both snakes died the brazilian was 6 ft and the common boa was 6ft 4 so when she died christmas eve of all days i replaced her a couple weeks later with another baby common boa
Paulsphoneanimals009.jpg

Paulsphoneanimals001.jpg

he's fairly small at the min but ive noticed him growing over the past few months and he'll get to between 7 and 8 ft
Then beginning of march i picked up a yellow bellied slider off dannyb he's pretty much full grown but he's a funny little creature to watch
Paulsphoneanimals003.jpg

Paulsphoneanimals002.jpg

I wouldnt mind getting a lizard next but herself is saying we have enough now :icon_biggrin:

Them snakes are class man I'd love one especially a green or red tree boa but my ma is putting her foot down with snakes haha. The yellow belly is lovely do they get much bigger than that. I never thought I'd say this but once u start gettin into reptiles it's more addictive than modding cars

the green tree boa's are stunning looking but there a pain to keep you have to have their habitat perfectly set up or they wont feed at all and they take up a lot of space when the girlfriend or fiancee even :icon_biggrin: first started coming down to my house the snakes had to go out the house but over time she got used to them and when the second one died she bought me the new one i dont think the turtle will get to much bigger but im not to up on them and ive only had him a month or so they are definately addictive though :icon_biggrin:

defo not a snake for a beginner so :icon_grin: my ma is still getting use to them but the frilled dragon seriously freaks her out since he moves ridiculously fast, she wont even stay in the same room as him :multijump: I also have 2 biggish aquariums one small one and a dog. place is like a bloody zoo

baby steps you'll get her there :icon_biggrin: i know the feeling between the 2 tanks the dog and the 2year old daughter its a mad house

[quote author=chris139ryan link=topic=30360.msg350966#msg350966 date=1304631178]
defo not a snake for a beginner so :icon_grin: my ma is still getting use to them but the frilled dragon seriously freaks her out since he moves ridiculously fast, she wont even stay in the same room as him :multijump: I also have 2 biggish aquariums one small one and a dog. place is like a bloody zoo
[/quote]

any chance of a video of him moving about?? :icon_grin:

I imagine all of yer reptiles get great attention when anyone calls round.
Fair play lads. :thumbsup:

fella living in tramore had 2 10 ft pythons in a viviarium made up in the garage, one got out...

Next door neighbour was wondering why her westie didnt come when she called it.

When the snake was found curled up in the corner of the garage the mystery was solved....GULP

True Story :thumbsup:

[quote author=narked link=topic=30360.msg351031#msg351031 date=1304680952]
fella living in tramore had 2 10 ft pythons in a viviarium made up in the garage, one got out...

Next door neighbour was wondering why her westie didnt come when she called it.

When the snake was found curled up in the corner of the garage the mystery was solved....GULP

True Story :thumbsup:
[/quote]

I can well believe it :icon_grin:

[quote author=adrianfa link=topic=30360.msg351018#msg351018 date=1304672176]
[quote author=chris139ryan link=topic=30360.msg350966#msg350966 date=1304631178]
[/quote]

any chance of a video of him moving about?? :icon_grin: il try get a video of him moving around just it's fairly hard as he doesn't give you any notice but it's hilarious looking as we have wooden floors and he can't get a proper grip

I imagine all of yer reptiles get great attention when anyone calls round.
Fair play lads. :thumbsup:
[/quote]

[quote author=CARLO link=topic=30360.msg351551#msg351551 date=1304888469]
That first pic of frilled dragon is excellent

:smokin:

[/quote]He does that everythin u try touch him to get him out of his viv for a while once he's out he's grand. I shally just let him jump out of the viv by himself. If u try force him out he will go for ur hand. I think he has certainly grown into his name :icon_grin:

i have 2 large beardies meself
i'll try post a few pics,trying to get a snake
but with the lizards,2 fish tanks,dog and rabbit the wife is sayin we have enough :icon_biggrin:

Back