davelegacy

Member Number 16
[size=12pt]OWNER: PJ
ISDC USERNAME: non member[/size]

NEW FORGED BUILD LETS BEGIN.....

Image0714.jpg

Image07131.jpg

2010-10-30_121212.jpg

AND THIS IS WAT WE FOUND IN PICK UP PIPE. YES IN THE BOTTOM OF PICK UP PIPE. REALLY A WONDER HOW OIL GOT THROUGH AND SERVED ENGINE AT ALL. WELL IT DIDN'T AS SUCH AS THE CRANK AND 1 ROD HAD DAMAGE WE WERE NOT PREPARED TO RE=USE AT A BUILD AT THIS LEVEL.

THIS IS TYPE25 BUILD NO2 AND IN THE EARLY DAYS. AND WE FOUND THE BLOCK TO BE LINERED ON ONE SIDE ONLY. I BELIEVE THIS WAS THE BUILD FROM LITCHFIELD AS TO THE SPEC. CP PISTONS, SUBARU OEM MAIN AND BIG END BEARINGS, EAGLE CONRODS, SUBARU OEM HEAD GASKETS WITH 482 PART NUMBER WHICH IS NOW 483 SO MEANING IS IN FROM QUITE A WHILE AGO. AND THE EXCESS SEALER IS QUITE DISTURBING TO SAY THE LEAST.

DSC_0900.jpg

DSC_0901.jpg

Sealer :new_puppy_dog_eyes: Some amount of it used there, I was seriously careful using it on my build, have heard of it jamming up in oil pumps and everything

Best of luck with the build.

Will the new forged engine be the same spec as the litchfield engines these days.

Litchfields engine spec changes year on year so no. The previous cosworth specs were complete oil burners from 3-7 litres of oil per 1000miles.

Beautiful car. Not gone on the spoiler as I prefer the version 7-9 STi spoiler.

Unreal that that amount of sealer was in there.

Best of luck with the build.

Back