Car Audio

johnjoe64

Petrolheads
Hi Folks I live in Kilbeggan Co Westmeath and I need advice, the FM Transmitter i was using is broke so I was looking at ways to hard wire my i-touch into my McIntosh head unit, the Clarion interface 1251 seems one way to go but it is very limited in function so I need someone close to have a look at the head unit in my Legacy B4 2004 I have put up with a lot with this car but I love it I will consider taking out the Sat nav unit if thats a way to go but Im looking for good sound from my I-Touch and advice from people that know what their talking about many thanks John L. :thumbsup:

I-Trip? It plugs into the end of your iPod and broadcasts to an FM frequency and you just tune it into your radio as you normally would with any radio station.

Steve.

[quote author=John L. link=topic=26391.msg309763#msg309763 date=1283955131]
Hi Folks I live in Kilbeggan Co Westmeath and I need advice, the FM Transmitter i was using is broke so I was looking at ways to hard wire my i-touch into my McIntosh head unit, the Clarion interface 1251 seems one way to go but it is very limited in function so I need someone close to have a look at the head unit in my Legacy B4 2004 I have put up with a lot with this car but I love it I will consider taking out the Sat nav unit if thats a way to go but Im looking for good sound from my I-Touch and advice from people that know what their talking about many thanks John L. :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Im going to get that AUX-in adapter i was telling you about before, we can try it it yours too if you want and if it works order yourself one.
Getting it from here:

http://electric-design.com/FSL-01.html

Back