new iphone 4

[quote author=hiwd link=topic=24164.msg288000#msg288000 date=1276169892]
[quote author=mac mac link=topic=24164.msg287998#msg287998 date=1276169821]
ANY ONE WISH TO EXPLAIN "JAILBROKEN TO A LAE-MAN
[/quote]

Changing the software (firmware) the phone runs on so you can put any sim card in, get free app's and stuff... :smile:
[/quote]
as above running a programe on mine CYDIA - basically allows you to completly change the layout & look of your phone, as well as adding 3rd party apps that Apple doesn't allow- I would imagine that doing this will void your warrenty ( & prob illegal) BUT it's worth it :thumbsup:

[quote author=FRAWLS link=topic=24164.msg288034#msg288034 date=1276180392]
does it now run flash?
[/quote]

Nope. But supposedly it will work on the iPad. :wall:

[quote author=hiwd link=topic=24164.msg288038#msg288038 date=1276181427]
It will indeed Dave, I was reading about it in a tech mag. Few different things on tech web sites as well regarding it;

http://techcrunch.com/2010/01/27/adobe-flash-ipad/

Steve.
[/quote]

Interstesing..I was looking at the Dell streak it outperforms it at half the size..doesnt feel as good or look as good but...either way I can not see the point of any of them...you still need a bag for so why not just use your netbook.
I wanna see a device the size of an iphone with a projector light activated keyboard..only that can replace teh laptop as a business tool..something thats as functional as a laptop but as portable as a phone...I used webx on the Iphone with a vpn connection and it was just a teaser i couldn't work with it..ok for emergencies

Any up to date info on the iphone 4. reviews etc. have ogled at iphones for the last few years but thinking of getting one on 3network for free, only drawback is its a 24month contract.

few questions i'd like answered,
is the battery life really that terrible??
is there an issue with the phone not getting signal if its in your pocket??
whats the 3 network like, (on vodafone at the moment and its great)??
is there a petrol saving app on the phone (only messing) :wazzup:

Got a 32gb last week and Im delighted with it.
Compared to my 3GS 16gb it's way better.

I find it much faster on the net.
Battery life is way better.
And no problem with signal on vodafone.

Just get one on a decent network and you will love it.

With three on that contract, service is good and the 3g is quick.
I went in for the desire hd but they were out of stock, so got the iphone instead,
The phone is fine, does what i want it to do but the only problem im having lately is the wireless on it.

talk of iphone 5 in september or possibly a second generation iphone 4 like a 4gs
dont think either will be in ireland until january
personally i think the new htc desire hd is a lovely phone
thats what i would go for

Have an iPhone 4 on the 3 network. Battery is far better than the older models, will last a day if your using it all the time. And the 3 network is grand until you need to contact customer services, they are unbelievably stupid people to deal with

Back