B4 bulb replacement.

Do they have to be 55w?what's the difference with the light buld and headlight bulb,cheers jaak. Is it d2r fits the headlights yea?I seen a set of 6k bit they say for a for a foz bit iam sure they wud fit?ponder2:

[quote author=Kielyb4 link=topic=22942.msg299190#msg299190 date=1280336750]
Do they have to be 55w?what's the difference with the light buld and headlight bulb,cheers jaak. Is it d2r fits the headlights yea?I seen a set of 6k bit they say for a for a foz bit iam sure they wud fit?ponder2:
[/quote]

The main headlights are D2R HID and has to be 35w for the ballasts (not sure though if you can use higher wattage bulbs).
The bright bulbs are normal halogen H1 and are rated 55w.

Best is to remove the bulbs, there should be a model number on them.
I bought 100w for my spots, i'll see if they cause any problems as OEM is 55w.

Btw, what is this "de-tango" you are talking about Kiely?

Ahh grand thanks for that jaak, I need just one 6k but will get the pair in case of one being a different color :lol:

De tango is when you change the indicator bulbs on the wings to clear and I think some lads also change the rear lights to clear also to "de tango" them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote author=Jaak link=topic=22942.msg299278#msg299278 date=1280353929]

Btw, what is this "de-tango" you are talking about Kiely?
[/quote]

He means, replacing the orange indicator bulbs front and back with ones that are dipped in chrome, still illuminate orange but cant be seen in the clear headlights.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHROME-SILVER...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item58871bda35

Also if you havent already you can replace the standard orange sidelights with something else, crystal/white/smoked, depending on colour and look your going for and get the small chrome dipped side indicator lights, ive done all of the above with mine and find it really cleans up the look of the car.

I just want to sort the lights out atm, cant be driving around with different xenon lights, you know yourself :lol:

The side repeaters take a W5W bulb and the plastic lense is the same fitment as a newage sti 01-07... Literally 30secs per side to change them.. I've also detango'd the whole car and got smoked side lenses rather than crystal ones, much better for black imo...

Back