B4 bulb replacement.

eliroche

Well folks,
Looking to replace the orange indicators front and back with chrome ones, also want to replace parking/side lights with something that matches the HID headlights better.
Anyone have an ebay link/experience of someone who does all of above for the BE5 Legacy?
Cheers,
Eli. :thumbsup:

Halfords sell the chrome bulbs for the indicators, and its the offset pins you'll be needing. As for the parking lights I've tried lots of different LED bulbs but in order to get them to match you'd have to change the main headlight to maybe a 6-7k bulb as the standard legacy one is 5k, there's also HID foglight kits on ebay, think coopster(not sure of the name) fitted one to his Forester recently :thumbsup:

Hope this helps mate

Saw the chrome bulbs in Halfords alright, crazy money!
On ebay for a fraction of the price, once i know its offset pins i should be able to find them on web.
Not looking for exact match on sidelights but something closer to the HIDs would do.

[quote author=eliroche link=topic=22942.msg274828#msg274828 date=1271621798]
Saw the chrome bulbs in Halfords alright, crazy money!
On ebay for a fraction of the price, once i know its offset pins i should be able to find them on web.
Not looking for exact match on sidelights but something closer to the HIDs would do.
[/quote]

if ya find the side light bulbs let me know!!!
put 8k hid's into my own car and want to get something to match the colour (close would be ok exact match not necessary) of the sidelights
will be going down the HID fog light route soon aswell

i have white LED's as my park lights they look well with the HID's, i'll take a picture during the week to show ye

I got white LED sidelight bulbs off ebay but they look blue when they are in the headlight... Still looks way better than the standard yellow though imo... Also completely detango'd the car, chrome indicator bulbs in the front, rear and sidelights, and also smoked side indicators... Only problem during the NCT was the LED bulbs because they appear blue rather than white, they didnt have a problem with the chrome bulbs or the smoked side lights..

So 4 of these bulbs will de-tango the front and rear indicators? (have side done already with crystal lenses)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHROME-SILVER...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item58871bda35

And 2 of these will bring the front sidelights closer to the HIDs?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-X-501-W5W-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item58856c2f36

And for anyone interested, these do the side indicators,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUBARU-IMPREZ...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item33572614cf

So basically all of the above bulbs will fit and de-tango a B4? Is that right?

Yeah they are pretty pricey alright but i have a friend who works there :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:

The sidelight bulbs are the 1157 type bulb not the 501 wedge, made that mistake when i was looking to do the same, put 1157 LED Bulb into ebay and you'll get what your looking for :thumbsup:

Not sure on the size but i have a spare one somewhere, i'll have a check and see

The spots are a standard H3 bulb :thumbsup:

i have xenon spots and got them from hidirl, never had a problem with them :thumbsup:

If you want your mans number i should have it somewhere

Thanks.

I have confirmed all the bulb sizes, as I just replaced all.

Main Headlight: D2R HID 35w
Main Bright: H1 Halogen 55w
Spots: H3 Halogen 55w

Cheers,

HID's from ebay : 25 euros for 8000k bulbs only.
china website for 100w yellow jdm spots 18 euro
still looking for bright's yellow/amber bulb for a decent price.

im at work now, but will add the links later on.

Cheers for that jaak, I had 6k's in mine i think but one went and B4RSK sorted me out with a bulb so i try not to drive around with my main lights on :lol: :lol:

My spots are 6k so will prob go with 6 or 8k, good find :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Still need to de-tango my car also but might never do it :icon_nana:

Back