ISDC Charity Drive 2006 Full Report

Niallyboy

Petrolheads
                                                                                  ISDC Charity Drive 2006

This years Charity Drive in Aid of Eoghan Gilmore was a hugh success. Not just for the massive 16,000 euro raised by
our  members but also for the great fun we had in travelling around Northren Ireland and of course the odd pint or 2
we had on Saturday night. I can safley say it has to be one of the best Charity Drives with a great bunch of guys/gals
taking part. The stage of the Donegall rally we ran (Knockalla??), was one of the many high points for me and i can't
wait to see some of the video footage........ nice view and all from the top of that hill climb.

After getting of to a  wet start with heavy rain leaving HB Dennis Subaru in Swords who very kindly filled us with
tea/coffee and scones the rain quickly died of as we headded for Belfast. One pit-stop for fuel before we crossed the border
and we already had one or two miss the turn off but less said about that the better Carlo hey ?? :p
It didn't take long to re-group and next stop was Donnelly's Subaru Belfast. Again there was loads of tea/coffee and
sandwiches waitting for us. Donnelly's had a hughe selection of cars even taking some members out for a quick blast in 350BHP
STI Type UK and very kindly running a diagnostic check after the  engine light flashed on one car; turned out to be a faulty sensor
i think ???

From Donnelly's we made or way over towards Letterkenny, with plenty of stops along the way, at one stage we even had a Toyota Corrolla
who tried to join the convoy, not too sure was he trying to land on top of Daves car or just inside it but with the driving ablity of derranged
monkey we quickly left him behind.

The highlight of the weekend had to be the Handing over of the Cheque. I really think to see the expression of sheer delight on the face of
Eoghan's Mum really sumed up what this weekend was all about. I would like to sincerely thank all who attended the drive and to everyone
involved in rasing funds 16,000 euro was hughe figure and i know the Gilmore familly were truley delighted.

A big big thank you has to go to our committee for putting in such an effort, everything ran pritty much to schedule. The polo-shirts and
stickers where a great idea thanks Alan and Danmien and the little Subaru overalls John M got signed by the Mchale familly went down a treat.
I think Stuart & Kevin have to be pointed out for speciall attention as they both worked around the clock to organize everything.
The Raddison Hotel Letterkenny looked after us very well, we got a great price on the rooms and dinner and i belive they were serving
some of the hardend members well into the wee hours of Sunday morning :shock: :shock:

Once again thanks to ALL for the fund rasing.

See pic's below.

G8M0001.jpg
G8M0002.jpg

G8M0003.jpg
G8M0004.jpg

G8M0005.jpg
G8M0006.jpg

G8M0007.jpg
G8M0008.jpg

G8M0009.jpg
G8M0011.jpg

G8M0013.jpg