Greetings from Lithuanian Subi fan

Hi everyone, as u know we finally get rid of our BMW.
Now we are looking for a non turbo Subaru, preferred Legacy or Obk for around 2k euro. (of course our dream is B4, but...)
We r based in Dublin and at this moment have no car, so traveling somewhere to look at a car is not very comfortable...

Guys what do u think about this one? Isn't it too cheap for that kind of car? http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1755805 - maybe someone has info on it? (few months until NCT expires)

And if you have any suggestions please, feel free to post it to this thread ok?
I don't want to spam the forum with new threads.. :geek: (or I should make new for car search?)

Maybe u'll know of about few more Subarus:
OBK 99' - http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1777467 - My question about this one is: Why is he selling it now, when it is few month until NCT? Maybe it won't pass it?
OBK 00' - http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1789376

My second question may sound weird but do u know a garage or service (I dunno how call it) where mechanics good look at Subaru and evaluate it's condition? In general... Like suspension, engine work, sounds? and if u know one, what is the price for this kind of service? :icon_rolleyes:

4000 for insurance on a b4 holy god :new_puppy_dog_eyes: when me and my da had one a few years back we got a quote for about 500-600. can you carry over your ncb from your country or are you starting fresh if so that explains the massive premium.
welcome to the club and best of luck with the car search :thumbsup:

[quote author=stephen wrx link=topic=21259.msg331286#msg331286 date=1294407338]
hi and welcome ....try one of the site traders..... like sti tuning...its worth a shot

[/quote]

Aren't they selling only Imprezas? I mean STI Tuning?

It was the amount year ago... No we have 1 year with Axa (no claims) and smth around 3 year NCB from Lithuania on my girlfriend.... will see what price would be now. But first of all we need to find a car :]

Any one selling car or know of one at this moment (in person - that is know the history of the car and could suggest that car to me)? Preferable Subaru but I am a little desperate so will consider each offer. With NCT at least for this year or near. Around 1k or less/more. Could spend around 2k but if car is worth it...
As I don't have a car right now my moving to look at the car would be really hard... but I'd try.
:dontknow:

that car is sold but.

some people after having trouble with a car get fed up with it and cant sell it as is, so fix it and sell straight away, another one is as above buy a car that needs work done so the get them very cheap, fix them up and sell them on for profit

Thank you Duffman. But if you would want to have profit this way, why not put it for around 3 or 3,5K and let someone drop price if they are interested. It STILL would be much more less than a normal B4 which are selling for 4 and more thousands.

Guys, I need another advice or opinion, or even two.
First:
I found few Subaru's in UK (London to be precise). Here is a list:
1. 1999 SUBARU Legacy 2.0 GL Estate Žalias £1,495. New MOT, new clutch (according to seller).
2. 1998 SUBARU LEGACY 2.0 Turbo 5dr Estate - £1,790
3. 2001 SUBARU LEGACY 2.5 GX 5dr Estate Sidabrinis - £1,795
4. 2000 SUBARU LEGACY 2.0 GL 4DR Žalias Sedanas - £1,495
5. 2003 SUBARU LEGACY 2.0 Sport 5dr Estate Special Edition Žalias - £1,995
6. 2000 SUBARU LEGACY 2.5 GX 5dr Auto Estate mėlynas - £1,050
7. 2000 SUBARU Legacy 2.0 GL Vyšnia - £1,790
8. 2000 SUBARU Legacy 2.0 GL Žalias - £1,495
Questions: Can I have any kind of problems about buying a car from there. Apart the VRT tax ~30% (around 700 EUR)? Is UK's MOT is same in term of strictness like NCT? Would I pass if car passed MOT in UK? Any other notices are welcome.

Second:
What can you tell about a guy from Wexford Phil Kirwan. Seems that he is selling mostly Subaru's. Looks like he's not only selling them, but fixing and doing service maintenance as well.
He has one white Legacy which we are interested in.

Sorry for long post, but we are struggling to buy a Subaru for our money :] You see, we even look in UK... even if it's a little more expensive :[

I have a black 99 B4 that i'm looking to sell. Was gonna wash it today and stick up pics but ran out of light. Quick spec is 6 speed gearbox, R180 rear diff, strut braces, full decat, cold air feed, apexi induction kit, 3 port boost solonoid, remapped by Bob Rawle, Carbon bonnet (painted black to match car), ganador M3 style mirrors, RFRB grill, C-West front bumper, Full Blue/black leather interior, brembo brakes with 2 piece godspeed disks.. Be looking €5,500 for it though.. Needs absolutely nothing.. 0879327189 if interested :thumbsup:

I would be more than happy to buy well maintained and looked for Suby because I would love it with same passion... but our budget at this moment is around 2k only :wall: Still struggling to find decent work for myself :question:

Any info about this Subaru Legacy 2000 2,5 AT?
looks like without NCT, but apart from that?
Is there are lad who could look at this or some other Subaru's with me? as I am not to much in to mechanical stuff... I'd be very thankful :rolleyes:

Going to sleep :/ too much babies on net... too much nerves spent looking at them :}}}

At last :subaru:
I am sooooo Happy :653: I bought 98 Subaru Forester 2.0 AT.
Thanks everyone who helped me :thumbsup: . I'll post some pictures when I will take care of bad smell in side :] (ex smokers car :icon_mad:)

Could some one recommend a good, reliable car valeting garage or service in Dublin city? I am looking for interior cleaning and odor removing. (but if the price is ok with Full car valeting inside/outside - I'd consider it too)

Sweetcake does valeting so I'm sure he'll be along soon but not sue if he does interior work.

But there is a good set up in clear water finglas. In the lower left hand corner of the tesco car park. The lads there ae very good and cheap enough.

[quote author=Notorious link=topic=21259.msg337235#msg337235 date=1297096821]
I bought 98 Subaru Forester 2.0 AT.
[/quote]

Congratulation!!
I'm glad You finally got to scooby :subaru:

Back