Leather Jacket Scam

Anto J

Octane Boostaholics
I was walking along Ushers Quay, Dublin when an 08 W reg car stopped. The driver of the car was looking for directions to the Airport. I told him the way and he told me that he was a rep for an Italian leather company who was in Dublin with samples for Browne Thomas. He showed me three leather jackets on the back seat of the car and asked if I would be interested in any of them.

He said he was on his way home and didnt want to pay VAT when leaving the country. When I questioned him further he also showed me a car-rental form to prove that he would be leaving. I reckoned that there was some kind of scam going on or that the jackets were stolen. Eventually I got away from him without parting with money, but it took a bit of effort.

Interested to know if anyone else has come across this LEATHER JOY BOY pushing these Armani leather jackets?

08 W reg (Grey)
Volvo S40
Male 35-40yo
Sallow skin
Wet shaved head

Exact same thing happened to me about a year and a half ago, same spiel given, told the fella where to go in the end, they try anything, bleeding jippos.

haha...seen this a million times!!!!
them jackets are made of dyed crisp bags!!!
almost as old as the pikey selling laptops!!!!
:icon_redface: :icon_redface:

ye last time it was suits, now its leather jackets ,was in the car park after coming out of b&q in naas about 6 months ago same thing happened same car aswell its as old as the hills that one.

Happened to me in galway bout 7 years back-he was driving a toyota yaris-would you think an armani rep would be driving a yaris???? I told him to get lost-and 5 mins later his mate arrives spouting the same sh!t!

about a year ago , had a 7ft dutchy come in and try to sell me kitchen knives as he wouldnt be alowwed bring them home on the plane .

hard to take him serious when he spoke like goldmember from austin powers .

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This lad wasn't a pikey in the conventional sence, he was well spoken with a foreign accent and well dressed (Suppose he could be when he's charging €200 for crisp packets). How he has a smelting accident :angry1:

Latest one is to aproach with map looking for directions after money has been withdrawn from atm's. usually 2-300yards

As one asks for directions with broken english and local map in hand other 1 usually searching through hand bags outa sight.

So leave your handbags at home but let female relations be aware

:smokin:

Same thing happen to me about 6 years ago this guy had a flat tyer but gave me the same spill about not wanting to pay vat on his (crisp packets) .
I brought one 40quid he wanted 250 he new I new the gig and gave it up, still have it split under the arm after 6 months but hey I new what I was getting, alright for 40quid me thinks :dance:

Back