What should i do....

Y

YouDog

Right lads, im thinking about heading over to australia.... need a break from the rat race for a while.... but wondering what to do with my car...

its a 99 legacy but i dont need to tell yous that cars just arnt selling..

i cant really leave it here as i plan on going for at least a year and a half and could also do with the money to bring with me..

i mean there is B4s on internet etc for 6500 ish depending on condition and i had mine up for 5k and it didnt budge. Its in perfect condition aswell so its not as if its a lemon..
Anyway, im faced with the decision of trying to sell it for dirt cheap or leaving it at home undriven and uninsured for 1/2 years which would bring its own problems no doubt... Its a catch 22....

what yas think?

If you need the money then sell cheap, you've no other option really. Or if you can just leave it here, AndyC went to the US for over a year and his started fine after it :icon_grin:

If you really really need the money you will have to sell it cheap,

If not, bang a tarp over it and it qill be there when ya get back :roll:

and run the risk of some little scumbag robbing it from outside the house? it will be uninsured... big risk... could take the battery out i suppose, but the few grand would be nice on my travels... could buy my campervan in oz with it!!

Subaru dont make campervans do they!!!!??? :subaru:

just dont know what to do

Do you know anybody that has a grage that you could store it in or anything? At the end of the day even if you drop the price you might not get a sale and if you sell it too cheap your head will be wrecked when ya get back.

If you can safely store it away try and see if you can sell it, if not hide her away till your home :thumbsup:

No dont know anyone with a garage...

whats the least you'd let a b4 go for??

99 silver B4 saloon automatic, half leather interior, 76k miles, standard no mods...
usual extras 10 disc cd changer in boot etc...
nctd til 06/11 aswell!!

I was looking on carzone there and there are 01 leggys going for 5 grand so its not looking too good. you might have to put it in for 4 to get it shifted ya know!

You have the same car as me bar mines manual and I have mods. Same NCT date and all.

You know your self that cars arenet shifting but as HIWD said if you need the money you are going to have to go well under your expectiation. Its just the way it is these days :angry1:

yeah great time to be buying, worst time to be selling...

take the engine out ship it to oz and throw it into a VW type 2 camper van ...
drive it across australia , then come home and throw the engine back in the scooby

best solution .... :p

You have two options the way I see it.

1. sell it for next to nothing and regret it later
2. keep it (take battery out) but try to insure it

As HIWD said I went to USA for 13 months, my type R started first time on my return. I did have it insured though.

Heard a while ago of a fella that done the same thing.... He was tryin to sell his car for ages before headin off travelling for a year....
in the end it didnt sell so he found a place that would let him store it in the back of 1 of their sheds.....
paid them a few hundred quid for the year and threw a tarp on it....
one of the lads actually started it on a weekly basis and kept an eye on it while it was there....

might be worth lookin around for warehouse or something similar that would do the same kind of thing for ya :thumbsup:

Would be nice to have the money for yer travels

but think about comin home from the travels and pickin up your baby again and takin her for a spin.... Thats gotta put a smile on yer face dude

Back