Wedding advice needed

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
So wedding plans have kicked off, getting married in Estonia this August and trying to organise the flights and accomadation for people travelling from Ireland, I just thought i would throw this out to people and see what you would expect.

If someone close to you invited you to a wedding in Estonia would you expect them to pay for:

1. the flights over and back( 290 euro per person)
2. the hotel accommodation. (45 euro per room per night)

Is there a certain wedding etiquette where certain things are expected to be paid for or certain people you need to pay for etc?
I was thinking paying for accomadation for all Irish wedding guests for the weekend if we can afford it, that might encourage everyone invited to make the trip over.

Any hints tips would be greatly appreciated lads!

I think you have enough to pay for without offering to pay for peoples flights over or accommodation :lol: :lol:
Send out the invites and leave it up to the people to decide.

Whats a decent wedding these days 30K?

If it was me, i'd pay the hotel charge for everyone and then the full lot for parents, brothers sisters etc. Everyones probably different though.

Best of luck with the plans! :thumbsup:

congrats on your plans m8 im also getting married in August :thumbsup:

it would be nice for flights to be paid for but would be happy to pay for flights if the accommodation was taken care of :dance:
just my opinion :icon_grin:

I just got married in April last year fella......
what we done was:
2 bottles of wine per table
free drink for top table thur meal only
other than that its up to you.....

Dont feel you have to do anything for your quests.... You are inviting them to a very very important day in your life and your probably providing them with a lovely meal etc....
The day is about you and the missus noone else.....

i have been to a mates wedding in rome and i had to pay for everything and so did everyone else but the best man and bridesmaid.

it would be a nice touch to pay for everyones acomadation.

do you mind me asking why your going to estonia for the wedding?

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=20444.msg248950#msg248950 date=1263246854]

[/quote]

I think his Fiancee is from there???

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=20444.msg248941#msg248941 date=1263246529]
I think you have enough to pay for without offering to pay for peoples flights over or accommodation :lol: :lol:

[/quote]
I would agree with this. My cousin got married in Rome and everyone made their own way over. No questions asked.
I dont think any decent person would expect a free holiday! If they do, I think you're inviting the wrong people.
If you wanted, you could offer to pay for the Bridesmaid(s) & Best Man (+ groomsman) and your parents but I wouldn't go paying for everyone else.
That's just what I think.
:smile:

30K for a small wedding in Ireland at least I'd , we dont plan on spending that much in Estonia. Will be inviting about 90 people from Ireland and i would say maybe 60 of them will travel over and about another 80 from Estonia would turn up, so should be a good crowd altogether.Planned on having an open bar too up until a certain time with limited menu of course!

Its getting close now! So much planning involved in having wedding abroad!

Yes missus is Estonian!

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=20444.msg248951#msg248951 date=1263246946]
[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=20444.msg248950#msg248950 date=1263246854]

[/quote]

I think his Fiancee is from there???
[/quote][quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=20444.msg248960#msg248960 date=1263247227]
30K for a small wedding in Ireland at least I'd , we dont plan on spending that much in Estonia. Will be inviting about 90 people from Ireland and i would say maybe 60 of them will travel over and about another 80 from Estonia would turn up, so should be a good crowd altogether.Planned on having an open bar too up until a certain time with limited menu of course!

Its getting close now! So much planning involved in having wedding abroad!

Yes missus is Estonian!
[/quote]

ah i see, good luck with the wedding, i heard its a beautiful country.

[quote author=adrianfa link=topic=20444.msg248954#msg248954 date=1263247010]
[quote author=AndyC link=topic=20444.msg248941#msg248941 date=1263246529]

[/quote]
I would agree with this. My cousin got married in Rome and everyone made their own way over. No questions asked.
I dont think any decent person would expect a free holiday! If they do, I think you're inviting the wrong people.
If you wanted, you could offer to pay for the Bridesmaid(s) & Best Man (+ groomsman) and your parents but I wouldn't go paying for everyone else.
That's just what I think.
:smile:
[/quote]
Agreed - Got married in Rome & did the same thing ,paid for the bridal party & parents only.

best of luck with the wedding brother
make the best of the organising of it its the best part i swear
im getting married in 4 weeks (oh no only 4 weeks) an i keep saying to
herself what are we going to do when its all over just sit looking at each other :new_puppy_dog_eyes:

best of luck do man :thumbsup: :subaru: :icon_jook:

my fiance is polish,we were to get married the 28th of nov ,everything planned and booked in poland,church,hotel,band,dresses etc
anyone invited from here was making their own way and organising accom in the hotel themselves
we were paying for all drinks over the 3 days and entertainment/trips and that was it,and out of the 100 irish invited something like ten could not make it

however,i remember being in the hospital the 28th of nov,saying,"there,there pet sure look on the brightside by the time we"re ready to get married again sure the little fella will be out of nappies and walking"

somewhere in the middle of all the WEDDING planning,we neglected the good ould FAMILY planning but needless to say we were happy on the 4th of dec when baby martin did show up a few days late for mammys wedding

well dan all the best..
i was invited to 2 weddings aboard last last year and everyone had to pay there own way except the parents... the one in manchester they gave everyone the name of the hotel where everyone stayed so it was great craic...

if you are looking for wedding invites the other half does wedding invites etc... www.clairekellydesigns.com

Say its more up to the people to make their own way imo , doesnt strike me as overly expensive , think you have enough to pay for without payin for flights and accom ,

[quote author=padraic link=topic=20444.msg249127#msg249127 date=1263309511]
well dan all the best..
i was invited to 2 weddings aboard last last year and everyone had to pay there own way except the parents... the one in manchester they gave everyone the name of the hotel where everyone stayed so it was great craic...

if you are looking for wedding invites the other half does wedding invites etc... www.clairekellydesigns.com
[/quote]

I think i asked you before about that? I couldnt remember who said it to me, I'll forward it on to herself and she will give her a call. Thanks

Got married in 2007 in lake garda and sent out save the date cards in nov previous yr that way people invited used the wedding as their holidays. We offered to pay for parents and family but they wudn have it so what we did was ask our wedding coordinater in travel agency to list out a few nice affordable hotels for both couples and families near our holel and posted them out with our save the dates in nov. Its costly enough to get married and again we had a few who couldn go due to expense but in my eyes the people who went were the people who wanted to be there for us on our special day. We payed for 2 bottles of wine per couple and bought first round of drinks that night. They all loved it and I do beleive they meant it.
We also took our guests out for a meal during the week we were all there together and it was brill.
Enjoy your day!!

Best of luck i got married in Italy , we pay for our parents flights and hotel, all others payed for themselves .
If some wants to realy go with you they wont mind paying.

Back