Proximity Sensor

Mark Cahill

Full ISDC Members 2015Member Number 555
Lads whats the story with these when they are first put in? Have you to set the sensitivity yourself or what? Got a Clifford 650 put in today. I wasn't around when it was being fitted so it was only the other half to ask the questions. Says that the 650 comes with dual zone sensors but there doesn't seem to be anything with mine. Any ideas?

You can adjust the sensitivity with the fob...can't remember how though :ponder2: I found the lowest setting suitable otherwise heavy rain will keep the car chirping :doh:

Wouldnt mess around with it Mark. Nearly got linched a few times bu the neighbours if it got too windy or heavy rain.

Send scoobymaniac a pm.He can sort for you.

Who fitted??????

:smokin:

Sensitivity can be adjusted with the Key Fob.

Give Scoobymaniac a PM and he could probably talk you through it.

It was MDS that fitted it. I searched other threads on here about adjusting the sensitivity and tried what it said. I get the chirps etc to say what level its at but then if you arm the system and walk by it There's not a peep out of it. I'll give Phil a shout as soon as i get near a computer. Cheers lads.

You did alright Mark. Was only after collecting it from Denise's when i seen you.

I had the same thing when i got my alarm fitted Mark.

You could walk right up look in the car and nothing.

Rang MDS the following day and he talked me through how to sort it by using the keyfob but for the life of me cant remember

Something along the lines of G5, G5, boot releace, two steps back, one to the side, jump up and down three times ,do a cartwheel, G5

[quote author=ScoobyMick link=topic=19871.msg242317#msg242317 date=1260830564]
I had the same thing when i got my alarm fitted Mark.

You could walk right up look in the car and nothing.

Rang MDS the following day and he talked me through how to sort it by using the keyfob but for the life of me cant remember

Something along the lines of G5, G5, boot releace, two steps back, one to the side, jump up and down three times ,do a cartwheel, G5
[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a sequence i found on here, g5,g5,g5, *, **, then boot release to go up and * to go down. Could it be that?

Probably best to just ring tomorrow and see what they have to say. :thumbsup:

Could have sworn it was in my manual :ponder2: I'll have a look later if i get the chance.

I have mine on the lowest setting and probably wouldn't change it tbh, it doesn't go off too often when messing around the car but it will if you keep walking around it. However, it goes apeshit it anything inside the car moves

Sent ya an e-mail Mark :thumbsup:

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=19871.msg242423#msg242423 date=1260874735]
Could have sworn it was in my manual :ponder2: I'll have a look later if i get the chance.
[/quote]

Its only in the Installers Manual Robbie :thumbsup:

For anyone that wants to adjust proximity settings on their Concept 650:

It is recommended that adjustments be performed away from fluorescent lighting,
large metal structures, or confined areas that can affect the sensor field. The proximity
sensor field takes about one to two minutes to settle after it receives power. Make
the first adjustment with the remote control after about 45 seconds. If the alarm does
not see an adjustment signal, it will exit adjustment mode after 60 seconds. Make the
adjustments slowly to let the sensor field settle. Each zone has 32 settings that are indicated
by chirps that raise and lower in frequency as adjustments are made.

ProximitySensorAdjust.jpg

Back