555 Limited Edition

Colm Mc

Sunday Drivers
Ive seen mention from time to time about a limited edition classic Impreza called a GT555.

Is there such a thing and if so whats the spec on them??

So they are just a standard spec Classic with some 'badge engineering' added?. Do they even get a little plaque on the inside telling you its a limited edition? That would be cool at least!

What about an RB5, is that the same story - standard spec classic with some nice badging?

They are limited editions alright. Nothing major to them. Have a plaque saying what number they are alright and different seats and a roof scoop. Think thats about it

GT555 was a Limited Edition Irish domestic market WRX with different alcantera seats... no number plaques though... GT555 badges on front wings and boot and that's about it! Standard WRX Irish power too... bout 227bhp... so no engine mods! I owned one myself! Only a handful in the country.... 10-15 or so! Pics of car below!

Nice looking car, are they aftermarket headlights?

I was hoping as a limited run they might have some prodrive upgrades or something tasty like that, but different seats & the badging make 'em unusual at least :thumbsup:

Are there any Irish market classics with more than 227bhp or do you have to go the jap import route for extra power?

My mates one bad the standard lights and smaller spoiler but yeah no number plaque, it wasnt called a WRX just a GT turbo 555

They were a set of Morette aftermatket quad lamps fitted by the previous owner along with a centre pod & Graham Goode gauges.... otherwise she was stock! :thumbsup:

for anyone that cant access Car Zone
media

Make:Subaru
Model: Impreza
Price: €5,500
Engine 2.0 Petrol
Body Type: Saloon
Transmission: Manual
Year: 1998
Colour: Metallic Blue
Mileage98,000 M / 157,716 KM Owners 0
Doors:4
NCT Expiry
Additional InfoCOLOUR CODED, EXCELLENT CONDITION, FULL WARRANTY, FULLY SERVICED, VALETED, Driver airbag, Passenger airbag, Radio/CD, Central locking, 18" light alloy wheels, Full service history, Windows front + rear electric, Electric mirrors, Front armrest, Body kit, Spoiler.

FULL SERVICE HISTORY, CAR WELL TAKEN CARE OF, DRIVES WELL AND LOOKS WELL, BUCKET SEATS

Personally i think its very well priced for what it is: (so long as it aint had the sh1t driven outta it)
Might be gone since the last updat to the posting was 42days ago tho....
would do no harm to go have a look at it

No GT555 badges on wing... has it been crashed/painted... :ponder2: Beware fella!

Not the best price either.... mate sold a 00 white Irish car for the same money & same mileage 8 months back.... IMHO cars a little pricey for what it is! Even though GT555 where special editions they don't demand a premium over standard Irish WRX models!

the pics arent the best quality but is that not the GT555 badge on the wing under the indicator? I could be mistaken badly here in thinking this tho.....
I thought that would have been a decent enough price... (looks like I paid too much for my wagon :hammerhead: DOH)

Its up on the Green Hills Road if anyone is passin that way they could maybe drop in and have a look at it?

media

might be able to see slightly better in that pic....

Guys are you sure this is a 555GT model... badges don't seem right under indicator and interior on my car wasn't the same as the pic above... they look like stock seats out of an Irish WRX... Black & pale grey inserts... 555GT seat as are dark Alacantera like STI... see below pic from my old car.... :ponder:

starting to suspect its not from what your saying Jamie....
The only to tell for sure is to look at the car in person i suppose, and also to see the logbook

I know a lad that has one and can't sell it. he bought 03 sti and thought he'd shift it but it's in a shed now

[quote author=fenster link=topic=17034.msg209006#msg209006 date=1249928513]
This is the mates one
[/quote]

Much prefer the alloys on this one than the one advertised in Carzone, I think they suit the car much better.

What are these wheels called? Are they 16" diameter?

This is the mates one Jamie stickers are different too but this is 100 % original.
[/quote]

Think they are different 555 models Fenster... both genuine, but different colour cars! The model I had came standard fully colour coded (Sonic Blue 74F), had the alcantera seats, mid level spoiler and the different badges on the side & rear. AFAIK... it was the Terzo model in the UK... just badged differently in other European countries. :thumbsup:

[quote author=Colm Mc link=topic=17034.msg209031#msg209031 date=1249933939]
This is the mates one
[/quote]

Much prefer the alloys on this one than the one advertised in Carzone, I think they suit the car much better.

What are these wheels called? Are they 16" diameter?

[/quote]

There just standard 16" subaru alloys Colm, that came on most classics! :thumbsup:

Back