Interior Trim Cleaner

Gary O

Middle Lane Hogs
Lads can anyone suggest a good interior trim cleaner,lookin to shine up the dash & other bits n bobs

Never liked a shiny dash personally. For a nice satin finish-pledge furniture polish believe it or not!

You can get a matt interior cleaner that doesn't leave your dash like a mirror causing annoying glare when it's sunny! I thinks Halfords sell it!

autoglym - rubber polish i think its called, its not shiny stuff more like factory fresh.....looks new, smells good. personally I would use anything else :thumbsup:

i use son of a gun stp on the dash and it gives a nice shine, for the mats and floor i use autoglym interior shampoo its good :thumbsup:

I only use Sun Of a Gun on my engine bay when ever I get around to cleaning it. Brings it up great.

I us the Dunnes store dash wipes on my Dash and their very good for a quick wipe over. Their in an orange pack. I'll look and see what their called.

Meguires Trim Detailer on dash and all plastics/rubbers!

Turtle Wax shampoo with brush on the seats!

autoglym all the way
shampoo before you dress [dress only if you want a shine on dash,doorcards etc]
using household cleaning products on our cars may not be a good idea as they are full of salt
water is the cheapest cleaner use it well
any ??? about cleaning/detailing welcome

Autoglym vinyl and rubber care I found absolutely brilliant for the dash, doorcards and all rubber and plastic trim interior and exterior. Brings the rubber up like new and leaves a lasting finish too. I've also heard its great to use in the engine bay so thats next on my list to do.

A good carpet cleaning shampoo for the mats etc, and then I use a leather cleaner for the seats followed by leather cream which nourishes and softens the leather to stop it from ripping.

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=12485.msg171680#msg171680 date=1238066102]
leather cream which nourishes and softens the leather
[/quote]
Sounds like your doing an add for timotei or some shampoo advert there robbie :lol:

[quote author=goldenjohn link=topic=12485.msg171683#msg171683 date=1238066304]
[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=12485.msg171680#msg171680 date=1238066102]
leather cream which nourishes and softens the leather
[/quote]
Sounds like your doing an add for timotei or some shampoo advert there robbie :lol:
[/quote]

Keeps it soft and supple so it doesnt crack :lol:

would it be better to get cloth seats steam cleaned professionally or is there any cleaner you can buy to do it yourself?

Well i'd say do it yourself if you have a de humidifier, otherwise professionally, it'l only soak downwards, and you dont want that. Wet arse for weeks. Professionally They have a special hoover with a plastic nozzle on the top that will clear up any water in the seats. But too clear right up you need a dehumidifier. :thumbsup:

Dont know any more, When i was valeting, i was 16-17 so 6 or 7 years ago, it was €120 in the renault garage for full valet inc. seats,wash,alloys,compound,polish,tyre shine,new num plates + surround, and wiper blades.Also was more for family wagon, or large 4x4, or if it was just mank, with sweets bedded into carpets. Dont know if its up or down on that now.

Back