Car Alarms

[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=11537.msg189172#msg189172 date=1243336643]
I agree that clifford fitting charges are over priced but if you ever fitted one you'd know how much hassle it is, you can spend more than 8 hours doing a clifford alarm. And they are thatcham Cat 1 certified alarms, meaning they are highest rated security. Yes all alarms can be bypassed but with the correct clifford you can't bypass without setting it off first and if its outside your house then you'll hear it.

The way its installed makes all the difference, as i've seen some seriously boched installs by reputable companies :wall:
[/quote]

Peter from MDS only took 3 hours to fit mine while i was in bed. That included everything except automatic window winders. I've had no problems with it at all but I assume there would be problems if it was a botched install?

no not necessarily, even a botched install can work fine but wires aren't well hidden and can be easily bypassed.

But 3 hours is not long enough in my book, for a full clifford install, with turbo timer and you have remote start too don't ya? That's no where near long enough

I don't want to go into too much detail about how they can be bypassed.

Has anybody ever heard of a car been stolen with a Clifford alarm? :ponder:

[quote author=finnmcool link=topic=11537.msg189191#msg189191 date=1243338807]
[/quote]

Yes, but not a high end Cat 1 model (Concept or avantguard), Clifford Matrix or Clifford Arrow systems without blackjax.

And the car was in a place where no one could here the alarm scream, so they had time to take it. :wall:

[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=11537.msg189194#msg189194 date=1243339063]
[quote author=finnmcool link=topic=11537.msg189191#msg189191 date=1243338807]
[/quote]

Yes, but not a high end Cat 1 model (Concept or avantguard), Clifford Matrix or Clifford Arrow systems without blackjax.

And the car was in a place where no one could here the alarm scream, so they had time to take it. :wall:
[/quote]

Are you saying that no one has ever had a car stolen with a CAT1 or you had a car stolen and It didnt have a cat 1?

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=11537.msg189200#msg189200 date=1243340046]
Are you saying that no one has ever had a car stolen with a CAT1 or you had a car stolen and It didnt have a cat 1?
[/quote]

I never said "no one ever had a car stolen with CAT 1 alarm" I said I've never HEARD of someone getting their car stolen that had one, the key word you missed there was "HEARD". I have never had my car stolen and I do have a CAT 1 alarm

[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=11537.msg189201#msg189201 date=1243340299]
[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=11537.msg189200#msg189200 date=1243340046]
[/quote]

I never said "no one ever had a car stolen with CAT 1 alarm" I said I've never HEARD of someone getting their car stolen that had one, the key word you missed there was "HEARD". I have never had my car stolen and I do have a CAT 1 alarm
[/quote]

Sorry your right missed that...

[size=10pt][/size][size=10pt][/size][size=10pt][/size]PETER MDS IRELAND DUBLIN BASED :087 2602700,
mention my name Gretts good mate of mine he has been fitting alarms most of his life.

Ya, i have turbo timer and remote start.. Peter did my legacy alright at the house, sound chap and seemed to know what he was doing... Could have been longer, maybe 4 hours or so, I was coming off a 12 hour night shift at the time so was a bit worse for wear while he was doing it. I gave him the keys, went to the kitchen to flick on the kettle and he already had the seats out when i came back... I'm sure doing subaru's every other day, he could do it in his sleep which is why he was so fast. He even had time to do another few bits i had asked him at no extra charge.

Everything works and its a tidy job and it has kept the thieves away since thankfully, touch wood... I've set it off myself plenty of times out of stupidity so it does work but do you still think 4 hours, even 5, is too short?

You're right, I've never had any reason to suspect it was a dodgy job so i'm not gonna start now. And I've never heard anyone else complain about MDS's work so there's no point in thinking otherwise

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=11537.msg189224#msg189224 date=1243342872]
Ya, i have turbo timer and remote start.. Peter did my legacy alright at the house, sound chap and seemed to know what he was doing... Could have been longer, maybe 4 hours or so, I was coming off a 12 hour night shift at the time so was a bit worse for wear while he was doing it. I gave him the keys, went to the kitchen to flick on the kettle and he already had the seats out when i came back... I'm sure doing subaru's every other day, he could do it in his sleep which is why he was so fast. He even had time to do another few bits i had asked him at no extra charge.

Everything works and its a tidy job and it has kept the thieves away since thankfully, touch wood... I've set it off myself plenty of times out of stupidity so it does work but do you still think 4 hours, even 5, is too short?
[/quote]

5 hours would be quick and if your sh1t hot at subarus and cliffords then its very possible to do a good install in that time but 3 hours is impossible to do a proper job ie hide everything and solder all your connections tape up the full loom etc. maybe if you use snap together splice connectors you could do it but thats not a proper job.

[quote author=gretts link=topic=11537.msg189227#msg189227 date=1243343190]
who care's how long it take's to fit once it's done right fast or slow... :multijump:
[/quote]

But that's the problem, if the installer had it done in a hour would you "the customer" be happy or sure of his work when you know it should take longer. As a customer that has to live with the car YOU are the one that should care if its done right. Personally I think of any car I work on as if it was my own, and I wouldn't do anything on someone elses car that I wouldn't do on my own but there are too many installers out there with the attitude "fook it, its not my car"

I was just having a read of this Thread as i'm looking to get auto start fitted to my car,
I only live 5 mins from work so i want to be able to start the car easily to allow it warm
up before i start to drive it,
It already has a turbo timer and a immobiliser.
Whats the cheapest auto start job I can get done does anyone know?
needs to be a good quality setup of course but Clifford is probably
very expensive
Thanks

Back