Car Alarms

[quote author=johnb4 link=topic=11537.msg188993#msg188993 date=1243289127]
EDITED POST
[/quote]

sorry to say i heard this story too. he fit an alarm on my evo8 with fergal.
liam from www.caralarms.ie is the man to do clifford alarms.
he is one of the nicest lads i ever met and will always go out of his
way to help.
Based in navan but has a mobile fitting unit so he can come to you.
0864000567 tell him bob gave you his number :thumbsup:

They may be expensive but piece of mind is priceless.

Nothing says "dont even try it mate" like a blue Clifford windscreen flasher!

I reckon it depends who shows up to take your car, the local hoods will walk away if they see a clifford but if someone really wants it a clifford wont stop them

[quote author=20VBZR link=topic=11537.msg189103#msg189103 date=1243327865]
I reckon it depends who shows up to take your car, the local hoods will walk away if they see a clifford but if someone really wants it a clifford wont stop them
[/quote]

I agree with that..kind of goes along with my point is it worth spending 1250 quid to protect a car worth 8k?
IF someone is skilled enough to get around any alarm and and a chain across your wheel out side your gaff..is a clifford gonna stop them?

Thats my point it probably wont.. if a car is being robbed to order or whatever these people will know exactly what they are doing.

BUT imo in most cases lads robbing cars for the craic would probably get put off by a clifford. So in that way it is justifiable to pay for one for peace of mind at least

Just get clifford stickers..seriously but Cliffords ahve just become the industry standard thats all anyone says when you ask about alarms..theres alarms out there using the same technology same, materials, then you have to pay inflated fitting prices..its a rip off IMO.

Yea going to someone who supplies and fits them can work out to be huge money, and you dont even know how much this installer knows cause it doesnt actually take much to get authorised by clifford.

I'm not knocking them they are top class but there not worth 3 times the price of other systems.

Clifford are a quality alarm but totally overpriced. I got one installed after my car was stolen and i got it back but i'm sorry i rushed into getting one... I didnt research it at all and a couple of months later, by chance i found an alarm that had everything the clifford had plus a remote pager system installed for €4-500. Cant remember the name of it now though :doh:

The price of cliffords could be halved in the morning and people would still be making excellent money out of them..

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=11537.msg189132#msg189132 date=1243331686]
Clifford are a quality alarm but totally overpriced. I got one installed after my car was stolen and i got it back but i'm sorry i rushed into getting one... I didnt research it at all and a couple of months later, by chance i found an alarm that had everything the clifford had plus a remote pager system installed for €4-500. Cant remember the name of it now though :doh:

The price of cliffords could be halved in the morning and people would still be making excellent money out of them..
[/quote]

It wasnt Falcon was it?

[quote author=20VBZR link=topic=11537.msg189134#msg189134 date=1243331756]
It wasnt Falcon was it?
[/quote]

No idea, it had remote start and prox sensors etc

I have an Auto page..has everything except the blackjacks...and one advantage it has the fob goes off if someone is at your car, which is handy for me because I live in an apartment so the cars not outside my window ,even before the alarm tiggers so you get a chance to catch them in the act.

I'm sure it has its faults but 400 squid fitted, has turbo timer, remote start the lot..bargain.

Have a falcon one sittin in the box at home, never fitted it. But it has remote start, turbo timer, prox sensors and pager like yours dagnut...tells you where someone has touched the car and how hard... picked it up for 250 at a show. if seen lads on other sites swear by them but been told by others not to put it on

From what I've read & heard Toad are as good if not better than Clifford. A fair bit cheaper too I believe.

But it all depends on the skills of the installer, the installer really is the key to a good alarm.

[quote author=20VBZR link=topic=11537.msg189144#msg189144 date=1243332740]
Have a falcon one sittin in the box at home, never fitted it. But it has remote start, turbo timer, prox sensors and pager like yours dagnut...tells you where someone has touched the car and how hard... picked it up for 250 at a show. if seen lads on other sites swear by them but been told by others not to put it on
[/quote]

As brian says once the installer knows what hes doing you sorted

I agree that clifford fitting charges are over priced but if you ever fitted one you'd know how much hassle it is, you can spend more than 8 hours doing a clifford alarm. And they are thatcham Cat 1 certified alarms, meaning they are highest rated security. Yes all alarms can be bypassed but with the correct clifford you can't bypass without setting it off first and if its outside your house then you'll hear it.

The way its installed makes all the difference, as i've seen some seriously boched installs by reputable companies :wall:

Back