Car Alarms

goldenjohn

Octane Boostaholics
Well lads,

I need too get a good car alarm, How much are they who's good at doing them,
I'd be looking for one with proximity sensor, Most likely A Clifford but a fairly good one.
Any Help would be much Appreciated. :thumbsup:

Cliffords start at about 650e but once you've added on proxy sensors etc you'll likely be around the 850e mark. Its a big investment but I'd recommend you invest immediately, too many cars going missing :angry1:

I thought it came standard with prox sensors... The blackjax anti hijack and the the code are the main advantages of this alarm. Even if they break into your house and get your keys its no use to them.

If you are in Dublin I would recommend MDS Ireland, http://www.mdsireland.ie/ . I got the clifford with blackjax, prox sens, front window lifts, turbo timer and engine start. Engine start was the biggest waste of money. It was 1300 and I got it for 1000 because it was the second car i got done in 3 months and I sent two of my mates to him at the same time.

I've a full clifford on mine, including black jax, turbo timer, prox sensors, tilt sensors and remote start. Cost me just over a grand but 250 of that was for the remote start.. Its a lot of money for the remote start but I do use it so it worked out alright in the end. I do find it annoying though after you've armed it and locked the car, that once you unlock the car it disables straight away... So if you arm it, lock the car for the night, but then have to get something out of the car later that night the car wont start after you lock it again unless you turn on the ignition and prime it again...

I would also use MDS, haven't had a problem since the alarm was installed... Don't know what their after care is like though cause i've never had to use it

the 650 concept clifford alarm comes with proximity,blackjax as standard....
turbo timer i think is an extra 50 euro...
remote start is not worth the price unless you really want or use it....

650 euro should get you a decent alarm system from clifford....
best alarm on the market IMO..
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I can give you a lads number if you want, he used to be with motovation when fergal was in charge, and is one of the best fitters in the country. he is also mobile and will call out to you wherever you are. gimme a pm if you want his number.

[quote author=nicknack link=topic=11537.msg138317#msg138317 date=1229953595]
I can give you a lads number if you want, he used to be with motovation when fergal was in charge, and is one of the best fitters in the country. he is also mobile and will call out to you wherever you are. gimme a pm if you want his number.
[/quote]

I will vouge for this guys work too, A1 quality

Although I already recommended MDS Ireland, if someone recommended someone else that they are very happy with I would nearly go with them.

I had a small problem with the window lifts. They would not stop so when I set the alarm at night, the next morning the battery would be dead. I was late for work a few days that week because of it. They told me I needed a new battery (€70) before eventually identifying the problem was the relay in the window lifts.

They also broke the air vent in the middle of the dash on my mates EVO VII. At the time he was too hung over to bother saying anything!! :lol:

MDS Ireland will do the job quickly but they could spend more time burying the control unit in hard to get to places.

All I will say is that they are a basic fitter of Clifford alarms and do nothin fancy. Use them if stuck but there are better lads out there.

One more thing on a positive note for MDS. A few weeds after they fitted the alarm they called me and asked me to bring the car back down for a modification recommended by clifford in the UK for Impreza's. A few Impreza's had gone walkies over a week in the UK because they found a way to bypass the blackjax via the brake light switch. They did this free of charge.

Cheers for the info lads, Karma too you all :thumbsup: Thank you very much, Just needed too know what would be best. :thumbsup:

use MDS IRELAND,i got mine done through motovation and they botched it,cost me 2 trips to subaru garage to repair airbag light and wiring,eventually mds sorted the problem paid 650 for a clifford g5 and 200 euro to sort the damage caused by motovation fitter,just be carefull who you choose.

Yeah i also used MDS and cant fault them arrived out when they said they would and done a top job no marks or scratches and alarm so far so good :thumbsup:

[quote author=collieno link=topic=11537.msg138324#msg138324 date=1229956309]
[quote author=nicknack link=topic=11537.msg138317#msg138317 date=1229953595]
[/quote]

I will vouge for this guys work too, A1 quality
[/quote]

Me too, quality work, great at what he does!!!

jonnie

[quote author=hugomclaren link=topic=11537.msg138571#msg138571 date=1230050490]
use MDS IRELAND,i got mine done through motovation and they botched it,cost me 2 trips to subaru garage to repair airbag light and wiring,eventually mds sorted the problem paid 650 for a clifford g5 and 200 euro to sort the damage caused by motovation fitter,just be carefull who you choose.
[/quote]

Go get a membership.

You were ringing him when he worked for chris. as i said, it was chris that overruled him in going to you. i asked you to ring him again, i told him you were going to ring him and he said yeah no bother.

You never rang, and since cost you 200 euro.

Hate that.

Apart from that, i have heard good and bad about mds so cant comment.

nick nack,
just be honest thats all any one asks,you sound very resentful ,and this matter was closed so why bring this up again you must want more people to read it.
He was not working for chris the last time i rang him.

Your boy was rung 2 days after you said youd talk to him and after i sent you my details on a pm to try to get my alarm fixed,you must of forgot.
Now stop trying to comment on a job you know nothing about and haven t seen.mds have a list of 15 cars which have being sent to clifford and directed electronics of the repairs they have carried out to 15 botched cliffords.

Just given a lad a bit of advice on alarms i believe im entitled to do.
membership is on the way my friend.

MDS ALL THE WAY MY MATE WRKS THERE IF YOU WANT ME TO PUT YOU IN TOUCH WITH HIM MAIL ME "grebags@hotmail.com"

Back