over boosting

jamdoll

Sunday Drivers
well lads jus fitted hks induction kit and dump valve 2 my 95 wrx was fine 4 1st few days then it started under boosting to 0.4 so rang a few lads about and they said it was the vacum system changed that now its over boosting any1 no whats wrong?

ring one of the traders on the site!!!!
dave at sti tuning...
car will need to be mapped to suit the induction kit AFAIK...

sum1 told me there should b a small ball in the vacum 2 actuator pipe is this true cause its not there now and thats y its over boosting

i think i have a small brass reducer off a forge actuator i have from gt4

i think its just a little ballbearing with a hole in it.
i was told make sure that it didnt get lost when i was changing my turbo,
as i wouldnt have been able to map it.

I think if the hole in the restrictor is big then you get less boost, and if the hole is smaller then you get more boost.
If the pill is missing from the pipe then I think there's no boost control at all.

This link has some good info on how it works:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/104227/How-Subarus-Factory-Boost-Control-System-Works-v11-01

Check the pipe that goes between the T-piece and the turbo housing and make sure that the little restrictor is there, but that it isn't blocked.
Don't know what size restrictor you need but in this thread http://www.isdc.ie/discussion/index.php?topic=7733.0 he has the part numbers for 0.8, 1.0 and 1.2mm ones. Good luck :thumbsup:

[quote author=jamdoll link=topic=11268.msg134744#msg134744 date=1228657835]
rang sti tuning he told me 2 change vacum. have booked in 2 xtream autos next week
[/quote]

Said to check vacum pipework.... not change.. :ponder2:

And yes there is restrictior pills inside vacum pipework on the car. I can't diagnose on couple min phone call??

let me know how you get on and if you get sorted..

The reducer olive is located in the pipeing coming from compressor housing and in original pipiing its position is usually marked by a tip x like mark on pipe, you will feel bulge anyway. but i dont think this is your problem as if it was taken out the car wont boost fully, would only make around .5 or that. when fitting the induction kit did you damage any wires or pipng going to sensors on shock tower??

if it was taken out it can still make boost but it'd be all over the place.

if at .5bar its likely to be at actuator boost and would have a pipe off or damage to boost control solinoid.

went down 2 xtream autos yest and thought we had it sorted but it started actin up again so took the induction kit off today and now its sorted c*nt of a thing :hammerhead: thanks 4 all the help lads :icon_headbang:

Back