gearbox

C

chriscatalunya

i dnt no the history of my car it came in from d uk
engine all good bar a timing belt all done

all my gears ar gud im nt sure weather drs a quickshift or an sti box do

anyway wen im in 4th up til approx 5000rpm it hasa whine any light ny1 can shed on dis wud b gr8 cheers

[quote author=chriscatalunya link=topic=11199.msg133815#msg133815 date=1228263066]
i dnt no the history of my car it came in from d uk
engine all good bar a timing belt all done

all my gears ar good im nt sure weather drs a quickshift or an sti box do

anyway wen im in 4th up til approx 5000rpm it hasa whine any light ny1 can shed on dis would b gr8 cheers
[/quote]

You would be surprised how much off a difference it makes just to change the gearbox oil ,replace it with a good oil .........worth the try!

i work in my family garage and we are fitting a new box to a 87 black catalunya edition scooby today....the guy ignored the noises and his box just got worst.

ye im a mechanic myself i put castorl 75/90 in made no defference its nt dat bad bu id rather gt it sorted b4 i does get worse its bin round mondello twice wi no boder bu it was seldom in forth i suppose

Can you please type the full English words. Text typing is frustrating to read.

haha sorry em well all the oils grand iv changed that myself so thats why its got me so puzzled for all the world it sounds lyk a big turbo windin up

that i cant answer you i cant get contact details for the last owner to ask him but its only in forth and i cant see someone doing one gear

I read your first post wrong, I picked it up as the whine was in gears up till 4th.
My Bad, not what I said previously so

Back