hid kits

rb5scooby

Petrolheads
as above are these a good upgrade for the classics? anything to look out for when buying them. got a price in cork fot the 8000k

Had a set fitted to my car last week, low beams are savage, so much better than standard. High beams are too high at the moment, have to get them adjusted down but should be fine then too.

8000k is too blue IMO, I fitted the 4300k which gives the whitest light.

did u fit them urself brian. ur man in cork dont fit them but said there in no bother in fitting them :dontknow: he also sain the 8000k is the best but if there are too blue they are no good.

i have the 8000k, i think they are nice, not super blue but blue all the same. An absolute piece of piss to fit!

[quote author=rb5scooby link=topic=11175.msg133420#msg133420 date=1228146227]
did u fit them urself brian. your man in cork dont fit them but said there in no bother in fitting them :dontknow: he also sain the 8000k is the best but if there are too blue they are no good.
[/quote]

Eh no... I don't know a spanner from a screwdriver :lol:

Seriously though they come with full illustrated instructions, if you're anyway handy you'd do it yourself. RS RA fitted them for me & hid the wiring/ballasts etc so it looks standard fit, very neat job.

Sounds like the chap has a job lot of 8000k's if thats what he is saying, just stole this from another website but it should answer your questions

What does the K value mean?
The Kelvin (K) is the unit of color temperature. 4300K is the brightest, most natural white light similar to that of daytime sunlight, and therefore the HID color temperature used most in the OEM automotive industry. 3000K casts a yellow light. 6000k emits a slightly blueish light. We offer our kits in 4300K to 6000K only. It is worth noting that if you are looking for a high quality light, 4300K is the best option - if you want to go with an 8000K or 12000K you should be aware that you'd be better off with a pair of regular Halogen bulbs. It is our opinion that anything above 7000K should be used for show purposes only.

:lol: i wouldn't be the best at stuff like that myself, something always seems to break or go wrong :ponder2: i'll chance it anway cos i got 2 kits i got 1 for herselfs car aswell so will go at hers first :roll:

real good mod IMO....
wont pass NCT though but easy to swap around....
i find subarus in general have poor lights from standard,
any new car i ever bought( 4 in total)i always took the bi-zenon package...well worth the extra few quid!!!!
maybe i'm just blind though!!!
:lol: :lol:

need the projector kit to focus properly!!!!
you can buy them for some cars but not for suabru AFAIK....
still ,you dont have to make any changes to fit old bulbs back!!!

[quote author=rb5scooby link=topic=11175.msg133432#msg133432 date=1228147735]
didnt know they wont pass the nct, thats a b@ls,
[/quote]

All my original wiring is still in place, just cable-tied out of the way so I can return to standard at any time. Seemingly some people still pass with HID's fitted, depends on the testers mood on the day!

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=11175.msg133431#msg133431 date=1228147632]
real good mod IMO....
wont pass NCT though but easy to swap around....
i find subarus in general have poor lights from standard,
any new car i ever bought( 4 in total)i always took the bi-zenon package...well worth the extra few quid!!!!
maybe i'm just blind though!!!
:lol: :lol:
[/quote]
6000k will pass the nct ones the line of sight is correct :thumbsup:
i had 8000k on my teg and that passed too.......in athlone tho not so sure if your doing it in dublin
could be a bit more stricked

Ive 4300k HID's in my classic, adjusted to same height as normal lamps and i get flashed at all the time from blinding people :dontknow:
Look sweet though and give far better light than any normal lamp :thumbsup:

Dont go for the eBay €60-€80 a set ones they are no good iv had a set and seen 1 0r 2 other sets and they all gave up after about a month. id expect you would pay €150-€200 for a good quality set?

well lad i got my 6000k ones from a crowd in england hids direct very efficient even when one blew they replaced it no hassle as they give a years warranty hids direct.co.uk

[quote author=rb5scooby link=topic=11175.msg133617#msg133617 date=1228213345]
must u adjust them after u fit them?
[/quote]

Their beam is much higher than regular lamps so you need to adjust them after you've fitted them to avoid blinding people.
With standard lamps in, Park your car with lights on facing a wall say 3 to 5meters away, making sure the wall is suitable for you to put markings on. I used tape and marked the wall at the height the beam is at.
Now leave the car where it is and install your HID's.
Turn them on and you'll notice they are shining much higher so adjust them down to the level your tape markings are.

Their beam is much higher than regular lamps so you need to adjust them after you've fitted them to avoid blinding people.
With standard lamps in, Park your car with lights on facing a wall say 3 to 5meters away, making sure the wall is suitable for you to put markings on. I used tape and marked the wall at the height the beam is at.
Now leave the car where it is and install your HID's.
Turn them on and you'll notice they are shining much higher so adjust them down to the level your tape markings are.
[/quote] thanks for that matt :thumbsup:

Back