just got some new ice

slithertooth

Sunday Drivers
ask anybody that knows me and they`ll tell you i love my music, the louder the better! i had my first sound system bought before i even bought my first car! i`m forever changing radios and speakers and after the setup i had in my last car i said enough!

when i got my impreza it already had a jvc cd player, jvc 6x9s and vibe speakers in it. the radio got binned in favour of a sony cd player then soon after that too got binned for a nice flip out dvd jobbie. job done! i said i`d leave it at that.

so fast forward to this week. i have this week off work as i had to use up my holiday days and i must say i`m pritty bored as everybody else is in work. so bored in fact that i got thinking.........

i`ve started to loose track of all the copied cds in my car and i find myself making new ones just so i can put the one or two new songs i`ve downloaded during the week. put that together with the fact that i`ve only just noticed i`ve got one of those aux inputs on the front of my radio and that can only mean one thing: buy myself an mp3 player.

so to cure monday`s boredom i got this:

24ydczq.jpg

i got it because it`s small, cheap, has good memory and since it`ll stay in the car, has excellent battery life.

job done so! eh, not quite...... i was happy with that until i got bored again and started to think of ways to improve the sound.

so to cure tuesday`s boredom i got this lot:

11lneoy.jpg

ylca0.jpg

5cajph.jpg

v8mqno.jpg

the 600w 4 channel amp powers the front componants and the rear 6x9s and the sub has a built in 360w amp.

so after a long night and some of the morning i got it all fitted. it wasn`t the most straight forward thing in the world as my radio has no pre outs and the amp for the speakers doesn`t have a high level input. i knew from the start i had my work cut out for me but with some messing around and a high-low level converter i was sorted.

i must say i love the sound of fusion gear, it always sounds like it cost way more than you`ve actually payed for it. that is of course when the settings and levels are set up propperly on the amps to work with each other. that is a bit of an art in itself but i`ve learned a few tricks of the trade over the years.

all in all i`m very happy with the result. let`s just hope i find something to keep myself occupied for the rest of the week or i`ll be broke before the weekend!

Nice, my radio just took a sh1t last week have to get a new one gonna get one that i can use my i pod with.

it`s supposed to be a world first but the only problem is there`s no cd player :wall: it`ll take everything from an itouch to a nanno.

Nice one how much did the speakers and stuff cost ? I know the feeling with the cds :lol: I have about 20 rewritable cds in the car with no name on any of them and just when u make a cd you find another good song online so you have to make another one :lol:

had some Fusion Amps and speakers in my last car, not the most reliable kit, don't play it too loud!

amp just packed in on me after 2 months, was replaced under warranty, sent me out a new one, died aswell about 4 months later, got a refund. Just my experience, speakers were grand

i have speakers and subs and the sub was back 1,but everthing elsr was grand,i have the speakers and home,i could nt put them in the B4 :icon_cry: so they sitting on the shelf in the garage :thumbsup:

Back