DOG BOXES

Animal spec-c

Petrolheads
Has anyone got a dog box in their car how do you find it?whats it like for everyday driving is it bearable with that added noise ect?
Anyfeed back welcome i want to fit one to my car but affraid to take the plunge need more info thanks

do you do much drivin every day, al i would presume doing a daily commute it would get on your nerves after a while with straight cut gars iv driven a few rally cars and its nearly deafing at times

you should check with neil p1 up north in scooby ireland.....
he has one in full time....
wouldnt fancy one in a daily driving car!!!
reckon it would compliment the engine work you have to date nicely!!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You can get them fitted with the normal final gear 5th,and the rest of the gears as for the race spec,the full dog box is quite noisey and has a whine through all the gears....well worth it if you drag and track your car... :thumbsup:

We sell and install the PPG dog gear kits for the Impreza. We have one in our EVO. Some people like the 'Rally car' sound that comes from them but it'll be quite hard to explain to a guard why it sounds like your using your reverse gear to go forward.

We have 2 customers with dog box's. It all depends on how you like the sound, I think it's wonderfull. You could do as said above, 1st to 4th with dog engagement, and 5th with helical syncro ( standard). You need to slightly change your style of gearchange, but otherwise they are fantastic.

John

Back