diagnostics plug

scoobyjoe2007

Petrolheads
lads a friend of mine has a 99 impreza turbo... he had to take it to a garage to do a diagnostics check and himself and mechanic couldnt find where to plug it in

can someone tell me where it is....

thanks ion advance :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

under steering wheel more or less, a bit to the right... if you look from the down you'll see - anyway as long as it's standard ecu, I think...

Some JDM's don't have a diagnostic socket, but a V5 will have one. All he needs is the 2 wire's under the dash. Most diagnostic tools won't fit the Subaru socket, and if they do, the software won't be able to comunicate with the car.

John

But actually simple ecuexplorer works fine with simple obd2 cable - showing pretty much interesting informations for my99 and my00, too I believe.
Not too sure about older.

on 99 its centre on panel under steering wheel..

if person working on car couldn't find it maybe think of going elsewhere as its not hidden.....

the 2 wires under the dash are for manual flash code diagnostics but anyone working on your car should have the proper computer setup.

from v3 on they all had an obd socket. all classic's have the self check flash codes ability :subaru:, which nine times out of ten points you right to the problem. the live data on classics is in comparison to other manufacturers very poor, even from the select monitor. but in fairness most times you dont need any better as they are so straight forward and reliable. if you do a search you should find a "how to" read the codes. if your around dublin drop over and i'll scan it for you

Back