uprated clutch!

BazGF8

OG Wagan
ISDC Club Member
my bro just bought a 98 impreza wagon it has a few bits done its runnig 320bhp and 322ft/b torque...de cluthe is on it way out just wondering wat clutch would be his best option?

an origonal exedy organic is one of the best alrounders for an everyday car, and can handle that sort of power

As above! Exedy organic, Get the light weight fly wheel as well!
Dan

cheers lads so ur sayin an exedy organic clutch will last..i think tat might b wats in it

[quote author=Legy C link=topic=11074.msg132405#msg132405 date=1227777151]
What are the disadvantages of a lighter fly wheel?
[/quote]

From what Ive read on other sites......

More revs needed in 1st gear to get moving.
More revs needed going up hills
rattling at low RPM and idle
Car cuts out more easily.

ive been onto couture and they have ATS super clutch's anyone have experience wit these??
would the exedy organic clutch b able to handle drag days and track days or am i better of going wit an uprated option??

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=11074.msg132490#msg132490 date=1227803615]
[quote author=Legy C link=topic=11074.msg132405#msg132405 date=1227777151]
What are the disadvantages of a lighter fly wheel?
[/quote]

From what Ive read on other sites......

More revs needed in 1st gear to get moving.
More revs needed going up hills
rattling at low RPM and idle
Car cuts out more easily.
[/quote]

I'm not sure how you would need more revs for going up hills or the rattling idle?
Lighter flywheel decreasing rotating mass and momentum of the engine, so would stall easier so more throttle input on take off is required!
But she will rev easier and freeier and down shifts wont unsettle the car as much, Also theoreticly easier on the clutch!
Dan
Dan

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=11074.msg132884#msg132884 date=1227912692]
dont see how the flywheel would rattle if it was lightened!!!!!
:ponder: :ponder:
[/quote]
i think what he means is it will upset the idle, i had one chopped to bits to see what was the optimum. when you go really light you loose some of it's rotational mass and it can make it feel a bit like it has high lift cams at idle. you wouldn't really need anything like that unless you are planning on reving to crazy revs.

my clutch gave up last month and i fitted an exedy organic clutch and lightened flywheel ,definatly recommend it! ..................you can drive my car if ye want and see what ye think of the clutch :thumbsup: ..............the idle is a bit lumpy sometimes but iv never heard a rattle. if i was buying a clutch in the future id go for the same. :smokin:

Back