Donnelly's S12

eamo

Sunday Drivers
Lads check out www.rally.ie for first pictures of Donnelly's new S12 from the Autosports show.

It was used by Sarizan in the 2006 Germany rally.

Looks savage and will do some damage this year.

Eamonn

Stunning car. Noel Redmond tested the S12 last month also but I think he may have bought a new S11 instead. Stephen Murphy also bought a new S11.

It will be interesting to see how it competes against the new S11's which still have the active diffs and suspension which are banned on the S12. I heard Subaru gave the S 12 another 40 bhp to close the gap but the new gear box is what blighted the S 12 all last year. With the active diffs etc and superior reliability the new S 11's might be a safer bet for points this year.

@ Eamo...Just read another article in Auto Express on the HID light conversion kits and how they are illegal as they blind on-comming drivers as they have nothing to focus the beam and the halogen reflectors just scatter the beam everywhere. The test showed the existing halogen lights were actually better as they gave a clearly focussed light. Looks like the Phillips X-Treme plus 80% bulb is the way to go after all. At 30 yo yo's you cant go wrong!

Frawls

Yeah Frawls i know Patrick Elliott is running a fully active S11 this year

but probally just in the National championship.

The Philps should be a big improvement if they ever arrive, ordered second week in December,

still no sign. I know they said they were out of stock because of demand but the evenings will be light

by the time they arrive.

Eamonn

The entry list for Galway looks amazing. Probably the best quality cars anywhere in the world outside the WRC itself!

Have you tried contacting Phillips Ireland directly to see if you can get the bulbs off them. If you can you could always sell the other bulbs if they ever arrive as I'm sure there would be plenty of takers.

Frawls

Back