B4 Double din Cd/Md

goldenjohn

Octane Boostaholics
Hey i'm havin a wee biteen of trouble with my head unit. Its the one stated above the problem is the radio is working on it but its not reading cd's or Md's. Keeps saying Cd error or Read Error. It will Play sometimes but only when car is off and ignition is on.  :comp26: I'm very lucky if once the cd is playing and i start the car if it will work. I've used cd cleaners took out the head unit checked all wires going into it.Just had anyone the problem or have they encountered it before, or would they know how too fix it. I have a feeling its the laser myself which i'm really hoping it isn't.
Thanks
john :thumbsup:

Is it a macintosh headunit? cause i had the same problem, same reading as you described. Ended up scrappin it and buying another. They are meant to be expensive units to buy but are not very popular as they always seem to give problems.

ive a decent double din pioneer unit if your stuck for 50 yoyos. i took it out of mine to put in a single din stereo and another little toy underneath so its there if needed. :thumbsup:

@Notrhdublin .Do you know the model/number??? Does it have aux for an amp? Whats the Power Output 40*4,45*4,50*4...etc? Sound Quality, Radio good? Sorry about all the questions, I was thinkin myself of gettin an Cd/dvd unit. But not sure yet.
Thanks
John
@Alanmc B4 Yup tis indeed a macintosh. I was wondering can ya hook up the macintosh amp too a different radio system?

I'm no expert with radios etc. so to be completly honest I couldn't tell ya. I know that most radios have a built in amp and the lead which runs from the amp to the Macintosh radio is a co-axe cable. Don't know if connections would be different and if all systems allow you to use an external amp??

The speakers are all ran direct to the amp under the driver seat. I had to run speaker wire for each speaker from the amp, under the driver side footwell to get them working with the new system. Didn't see another option, bit of poxy job but working fine ever since :thumbsup:

Right bit of a pain i can imagine, but when results are good you can't complain. :icon_lol: Cheers alanmcb4 Great help. :thumbsup: Pretty much answered everthin i needed too know. :dance:

By the way I still have my Macintosh at home if you want to try it. Its only takin up space so you can have it for nothing. It was ok most of the time, my problem was the speakers all went so it was amp related im guessing.

But there's one condition - you stump up that €50 and become a full member :icon_biggrin:

Im in Dublin BTW :thumbsup:

[quote author=goldenjohn link=topic=11054.msg132438#msg132438 date=1227786326]
@Notrhdublin .Do you know the model/number??? Does it have aux for an amp? Whats the Power Output 40*4,45*4,50*4...etc? Sound Quality, Radio good? Sorry about all the questions, I was thinkin myself of gettin an Cd/dvd unit. But not sure yet.
Thanks
John
@Alanmc B4 Yup tis indeed a macintosh. I was wondering can ya hook up the macintosh amp too a different radio system?
[/quote]

as far as i know it has two outputs for amps. one says on a lable front output and the other has rear or subwhoofer output. its a cd/md changer with 4x45 watts from a moasfet amp.
the model number is fh-p9000md. it would need a band expnder for the irish stations which ive misplaced but are easily got and the sound is excellent from it. the main reason i took it out was to get my scanner in.
heres a link that has pics
http://www.isdc.ie/discussion/index.php?topic=8171.0

Yup I am Getting full membership on wednesday, PAYDAY, I was just reading through, and does the membership work from november to november or jan too jan>??? But i'll let you know soon about it Alanmcb4. :thumbsup:
@North dub As well i'll let ya know in the next couple of days what the story is, I'd love too keep it quite origional if i can but i will let you know. :thumbsup:
@ dagnut,i have tried a cleaner once before but it was an old one and no luck,but my mate is a dj and he has the best of stuff for cleaning out the cd units so will try that first, but i may just give you my car for the week too see if ya can find anythin else :lol: You've been a great help with the one or two niggle little things that i've asked about :thumbsup:

no bother ask away had one 2 years and I'm a car hypochondriac so I've either had every problem a B4 can have or imagined the problem!

Back