Howdy all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scoobydiver

Hey there folks, would just like to take the opportunity to say howdy to yall! My name's Derek, Im 22, 4th year apprentice mechanic from Clondalkin. I drive an MY 98 non-turbo 5dr Impreza (Hope Im not opening myself up for a flame-fest here :pray: :lol:) Shes a lil rough round the edges but a worthy project in my opinion! Anyways thats me, if you feel i can help with anything at all feel free to pm or whatever.

Thanks,

Derek

Welcome aboard Derek. Just read your other post and I thought you had my old car. by the way good choice in colour and body style, wagons roooool.

I think maybe i do! did yours have the tints? and white stickers on the rear fly windows?? And yeah wagons rule!!! Cheers for the welcome by the way guys!

welcome to the club Scoobyydiver, hope you have a good time, another adition to the non-turbo crew! yeah! :thumbsup:

yeah, looks like it'll be stayin that way for a while too! Well at least until the insurance comes down enough for conversion time :dance:

Haha yeah I did, thanks a lot Alan theres a pint in it for you in the very near future :thumbsup:

Dont worry mate, I plan on it!! Lotsa serious mods planned (including a transplant) and Ill need all your hepl along the way!! Give me a Nissan and Im away, but stick me in front of a flat four and I may as well be lookin into a bush :lol:

Hey Derek,

If your thinking about putting a tubo engine in - don't!
It would be much easier and cheaper to buy a STi....

Alan.

[quote author=B4 Alan link=topic=186.msg1068#msg1068 date=1155843958]
Hey Derek,

If your thinking about putting a tubo engine in - don't!
It would be much easier and cheaper to buy a STi....

Alan.
[/quote]

I agree 100% wouldent go down that road.

hmm, thats a pity.. whats so difficult about it? is the sti wagon engine bay a different dimension to the non turbo?

No dimensions should be the same but the amount of parts you would have to swap out would make the job a complete nightmare!
You would be basically just using the shell of your car....

Alan.

I suppose, loom and all eh? Can I go any bigger in a non-turbo would you reckon?

Welcome aboard Derek,
I was just looking at your application form a few minutes ago!!

Don't listen to the rest of them, non-turbo is the way to go [size=7pt](ahem, says the 1.6 driver!!)[/size]

John

welcome welcome! once u drive a turbo theres no turning back man try scamming some garage insurance for an sti DONT do an engine swap nitemare :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back