Worries

H

Hijpo

As the bonnet vents on my impreza arnt standard, have i anything to worry about when washing it ie: wetting things that wouldnt have got wet under the standard bonnet?

Well I'd be more woried about rain!! :lol: Which is more frequent than washing your car!! unless you wash your car 365 das a year :D

[quote author=maximusbiggus link=topic=1208.msg10050#msg10050 date=1168361451]
Well I'd be more woried about rain!! :lol: Which is more frequent than washing your car!! unless you wash your car 365 das a year :D
[/quote]

heheh, good point. I was thinkin more of power washing, thats a bit stronger than rain. It might force its way into places the rain might not get :dunno:

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=1208.msg10052#msg10052 date=1168361759]
whats under the vent on the bonnet?
[/quote]

I was just thinkin that maybe the layout of the engine that is made to go under a vented bonnet might be laid out slightly diffrent than mine to avoid water and all that. Im complete "nooby" to subarus.... sorry if im not making much sence.

Is your car i 1.6 classic with a turbo bonnet, if so you've nothing to worry about i had the same thing done to mine when i had it, had it about a year and had no problems.

If it's a new age you'll have nothing to worry about either, meant to say that in my last post. I had a 02RX1.6 and 03RX1.6 with the bonnet vents and never had trouble, Best of luck

cheers for the info, its a GC1, turbo bonnet with 22b style vents. its more water gettin sprayed into the 22b vents im not sure about.

just make sure the bottom of the vent is sealed over the airbox

Back