CLYNESY

Petrolheads
Lads,just wondering got car back today from service

need brake pads for the rear got a price of roughly 300e

would they be got cheaper any where else not sure of type of pad

there for a 06 sti any info appreciated

cheers, Mark :thumbsup:

i would hope they are fitted and a bloody good pad cos thats over the top

Clynesy - try ProParts - they had rear Mintex Extreme in pretty reasonable price... not sure about prices now.
Actually they were for 2 pots WRX brakes and I just found reading once again more carefully that you have STI, so I guess it means Brembos?
But you can ask them anyway I think.

@clynsey-definitely far too much-front brembos usually about 250 for the pads-rears cant be more. Try the net-or even main uk deakers.

they are doing a group buy over on scoobynet for endless pads(supposed to give a better brake pedal feel than the ferrodo's) at 125 sterling a set!!!!!
if thats any help!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I paid that for front and rear fitted on my Leggy! Surely that not that much more expensive?? :ponder2:

Jaysus
Just get as set of cheapy pads for the rear, Mintex extreme are a waste of money , they are no better than stanard!
Can you change them your self, (Easy peasy) If you don't know how, I'll post up an easy to follow guide,
I imagen you'll get rear pads for less than €100 Just get the cheapy ones, you'll never over heat them
Dan

I run standard rears even on track, fronts are a different story, I have litteraly melted standard porsche front pads before,

Lads it's over €600 for front and rear brembo pads in subaru dealers in the south and around €350 for the same original pad in Donnellys Belfast. If you want to stay original its well worth the trip up there.

If your just looking for replacement pads though go for Black Diamond pads from Scooby part. I have them on my car and find them great.

lads thanks for the feed back much appreciated,

i had got the car back from c+r and i was told rear pads are just about gone

asked how much roughly and was told arond 300e must ask what type they are

have to get rear shock replaced too but thats under warrenty

must be just main dealer prices,

anyway thanks again lads
cheers, Mark :thumbsup:

C&R do Brembo original pads Mark. Irish Dealer prices alright.

yep thats right i paid 342 including vat from subaru dealer for mine never again robbing bas***ds.........found them on e bay from a power seller in england for 89 euro for back and 155 for front genuine brembo pads . :hammerhead:

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=10906.msg130262#msg130262 date=1227132747]
Jaysus
Just get as set of cheapy pads for the rear, Mintex extreme are a waste of money , they are no better than stanard!
Can you change them your self, (Easy peasy) If you don't know how, I'll post up an easy to follow guide,
I imagen you'll get rear pads for less than €100 Just get the cheapy ones, you'll never over heat them
Dan

I run standard rears even on track, fronts are a different story, I have litteraly melted standard porsche front pads before,

[/quote]

That guide would be useful in the How To section! :thumbsup:

Which ever is cheaper!
It'll make no difference performance!
The higher the performance of a pad means the hotter it can run and still be useful!
But also the higher the performance makes more brake dust, squeels and don't work as well from cold!
your local autofactors will have Epex ones for feck all! that's what I would use!
Dan

Back