Dounle Din to Single Din?

20VBZR

Petrolheads
Anyone done this? got my self a nice pioneer single din unit, got the pocket in halfords which is supposed to be universal and your man told me it would fit a jap scooby, but cant make head nor tale of how it fits in? do i have to mount it and my new head unit to the brackets from my old stereo? wrecking my head at this stage...any help appreciated :subaru:

cheers mark, iv rang subaru and they said you have to get them aftermarket! maybe different for a newage like yours? that looks well, nice and tidy.. thats the look im goin for, if i could get the feckin thing in! :angry1:

@20vbzr
scoobyparts.com sell them also but they might only be for newage :ponder2: :ponder2:
must be able to get them spurious in halfords or from scansounds in phisborough!!!!

Double din radio is out yeah?

Put the universal pocket in the bottom of the gap, now put the cage that comes with your radio in on top of that, the space is tight enough that both the cage & the pocket should hold each other in place. Well they do in mine anyway!!

@ Brian the pocket has two different sets of brackets to screw onto the side, depending on your car, even though the packet says UNIVERSAL! that was the first thing i tried when i couldnt figure it out!

Pocket3.jpg

@ marko cheers il keep you in mind if i need it, but have a cage with my new headunit! :thumbsup:

@ Brian, your a saint, think thats just what i need! :clap:

Check out above pics for ref lads, this is the pocket i got, and the choice of two brackets that came with it... dont think its any good.

@ collineo think il order myself something like that, cheers lads! :thumbsup:

Back