2008 vw golf gti (white)

the hen

Petrolheads
my cousin is selling his golf gti as laid off. its in this weeks trader. it cost 37450 new and he is selling it for 27500 after only 6 months !!! has the upgraded 18" wheels, center armrest and air con. car looks class in white. he looks after it like a baby so who ever ges it getting a great car. wish i had the money myself. just said i throw it up incase anyone was in the market. his number is 086-1514420 trevor

he has credit union loan and thats all he owes and wants to head to oz so willing to take the hit on it

They're a savage car..and thats a decent price. My brother has one with the DSG box and its very nearly as fast as the WRX. White is the colour too!!

[quote author=the hen link=topic=10860.msg132437#msg132437 date=1227786245]
tried uploading pictures but it says file to big. im sh1t at that kinda computer stuff
[/quote]

If you're using Windows XP you should be able to right click the picture, then select "resize" & select medium, then post the medium pic :dontknow:

CH1.jpg

CH2.jpg

cheers pete your a gent !!! hopefully he will sell it soon its like its just outta showroom he washes and polishes and takes tar off twice a week

Lovely looking :thumbsup:
Was driving the brothers one last night and it was torque steering at 60 mph in third on a wet road(wasnt icy!)
Revo Tecknic do a remap for these too to bring them to 270BHP without even lifting the bonnet!!! :shock2:
I had it done on my MK4 GTI 1.8T...remapped from 150BHP-210BHP..was a dream 'til the geabox blew....TWICE! :wall:

my cousin actually had the 1.8 turbo and remapped it and blew the turbo so dont think i would remap a car ha ha

[quote author=ScoobeyDoo link=topic=10860.msg133468#msg133468 date=1228156520]
Was driving the brothers one last night and it was torque steering at 60 mph in third on a wet road(wasnt icy!)
Revo Tecknic do a remap for these too to bring them to 270BHP without even lifting the bonnet!!! :shock2:
I had it done on my MK4 GTI 1.8T...remapped from 150BHP-210BHP..was a dream 'til the geabox blew....TWICE! :wall:
[/quote]

The REVO stage 1 remap will only bring the 2.0 TFSi up to around the 245 bhp mark and 260 ib/ft no matter what their website may say. REVO quoted power and torque figures are calculated by adding 45bhp & 50 ib/ft to the dyno outputs of a donor car rather than its OEM power output figures. This is why REVO seems to offer more power than Upsolute for eg who and the 45 bhp and 50 ib/ft to the OEM bhp & torque figures for the 2.0 TFSI engine. Out on the road there is little between these two repmaps (REVO has a little more top end bhp but Upsolute has more low down torque which IMO is more suited to a FWD car anyway)

I had my 2.0 TFSI Audi TT remapped by Upsolute in Rathcoole. I had him limit the power in first 2 gears and then full beans from 3rd onwards and she will still spin the front wheels in all of the first 3 gears in the dry. Once up and running there are no traction problems and no torque steer to speak of. Like all remaps, there are stories of engine failures but no matter what the actual cause the remap will get the blame. AFAIK Upsolute have had no engine failures on any of the cars they have remapped in the last 8 years in Ireland so I wouldn't be afraid to have this golf gti remapped, in fact I would recommend it. It would be the best eur 400 you could spend on it.

Frawls

cousin was offered 26k over phone last nite but turned it down. think he was right no point giving it away in fairness its def worth the asking price. i was approved finance on it before bought beemer but had one before and was expensive to run up and down to dublin and prefer bigger car but i did love the golf in fairness. great performance and value for money. think 27k would take it away

cousin has the car on www.vagdrivers.net and they are nearly bullying him into taking the 26k offer ha ha. telling glad not on that site. you would only see positive comments on here ya shoulg look for the craic :icon_lol:

I just had a look at that site and here is one of the posters tag lines

"2008 Octavia RS 2.0 TFSI race blue with xenons, parking sensors, alarm and anti wet arse feature. Mods: Full milltek turbo back exhaust, Autotech pump, Nuespeed intercooler hose, Evom's intake system, Forge twintercooler and Chipped Ireland development map. One of Ireland's fastest Skoda's. 288 bhp and 344lbft"

There is no way that you can get that kind of torque out of a K03 turbo (the standard turbo on these cars). They sound like they are living in dreamland over on that site. They're Not a patch on the ISDC :thumbsup:

Frawls

[quote author=FRAWLS link=topic=10860.msg133686#msg133686 date=1228232283]
[/quote]

The REVO stage 1 remap will only bring the 2.0 TFSi up to around the 245 bhp mark and 260 ib/ft no matter what their website may say. REVO quoted power and torque figures are calculated by adding 45bhp & 50 ib/ft to the dyno outputs of a donor car rather than its OEM power output figures. This is why REVO seems to offer more power than Upsolute for eg who and the 45 bhp and 50 ib/ft to the OEM bhp & torque figures for the 2.0 TFSI engine. Out on the road there is little between these two repmaps (REVO has a little more top end bhp but Upsolute has more low down torque which IMO is more suited to a FWD car anyway)

I had my 2.0 TFSI Audi TT remapped by Upsolute in Rathcoole. I had him limit the power in first 2 gears and then full beans from 3rd onwards and she will still spin the front wheels in all of the first 3 gears in the dry. Once up and running there are no traction problems and no torque steer to speak of. Like all remaps, there are stories of engine failures but no matter what the actual cause the remap will get the blame. AFAIK Upsolute have had no engine failures on any of the cars they have remapped in the last 8 years in Ireland so I wouldn't be afraid to have this golf gti remapped, in fact I would recommend it. It would be the best eur 400 you could spend on it.

Frawls
[/quote]

400 squid for 45 bhp is a bargain..can't see the car having to much problems with the power the anniversary edition had 230bhp standard..but your kind of pushing the limits of the diffs @ that stage

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=10860.msg135041#msg135041 date=1228757469]
[quote author=FRAWLS link=topic=10860.msg133686#msg133686 date=1228232283]
[/quote]

Frawls
[/quote]

400 squid for 45 bhp is a bargain..can't see the car having to much problems with the power the anniversary edition had 230bhp standard..but your kind of pushing the limits of the diffs @ that stage
[/quote]

[/quote]

The 227bhp engine in the VW Golf GTi Anniv model is actually slightly different to the regular engine in the GTi. The valves are different and it's chain driven as opposed to belt driven. Seemingly it could take the extra 30 bhp with a simple remap and no other mods whatsoever as this engine is inherintly very strong in standard tune.

I have seen fwd cars with over 300 bhp which didn't have any prob with the diffs putting the power down. It all depends on how they are mapped. Limit bhp in the first two gears, feed in more in third and then full power and torque in 4,5 & 6. Once up and running these cars are a riot in the dry as the suffer far less power losses than awd cars. The downside is obvious though. On rough bumpy wet roads they are a real handful and no match for a Scooby or EVO. On the right road however they are surprisingly quick especially the new breed of fwd cars with trick front diffs which almost give awd levels of traction even in wet conditions. Its only bumpy roads that catch them out as the front tyres need to be on the road for the diff to work!

Frawls

I suppose the New RS will be the proving ground for a 300bhp FWD car..with the RENVO knuckle or what ever its called.

Back