changing radiator

G

gramps

hi guys ,
have to change rad on 99 forester 2.0l turbo auto with a/c .
i have sourced one from slickparts england. i sent them a picture of original and they assure me it,s the right one ,
thing is i,m in ireland and am just a bit catious of payin for it before iknow for def. is there any part number i could use to check this ? or better still has anyone done this themselves ? any info would be great.
p.s. would it be a professionals job to change it or could i go at it myself ? have a good few tools and plenty of skin left on my knuckles after changing suspension.
cheers.

Cant help you with comfirming if its the correct rad but yes do it yourself. Empty the coolant, pull the hoses off, unbolt the rad from its mounts, swap over the fans and fit the new one, easy.

Gramps,

Had to change my rad on a 01 wrx only last month, bought the replacement off ebay - budget-radiators based in the uk, a fraction of the cost, had it in 24hours and fitted perfectly or your money back.
Also fitted it myself (and i'm not the best at car mechanic type stuff), took a bit longer than a professional but it was a piece of p!ss.

Greg

cheers guys , rad from uk to the door 160 euro , think that sounds ok ,they tell me it,s the same manufacturer that supplies subaru , i,ll have a look on ebay b4 i commit .

wanna be careful with places tellin you if same as subaru and things like that!!!!
you get what you pay for!!!!!
just be sure its quality is not compromised!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back